Our finances - Just don't add up

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:12 am

Something doesn't ring true with the finances

According to my reckoning the total nett spent on transfers so far is around 10 mill. This takes into account money received for ELHD,Diarra and Nunez. If we sell Baros we'll have a nett spend of 3 mill.

In an average season LFC spent over 20 mill most years but with the additional income from the CL why should there be a problem? Even if we need a CB and a RW there should be more then enough to bring Mickey home.

Doesn't it once again highlight the need for a sizeable investor? Excluding Morgan there are many rich individuals out there who could pump at least 100 mill into LFC. Now is the time to build on our success not penny pinch on yet more "potential".

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:43 am

I think it's safe to say that our spending is not over yet. What's more, if Rafa is confident of closing the gap on the big three, having only spent a net £3m (although without knowing all the details, we must take that figure with a grain of salt) then bully for him. I'd rather he didn't break the bank. Also, in a trend of repeating myself which I seem to be doing more and more these days, look what happened to Leeds. Spending big does not always bring success. We've invested in the future, we've strengthened the team as a whole and we have built the foundations of a winning team. Rome wasn't built in a day (sorry for that cliche), so don't expect us to storm the battlements of the Prem just yet. Rafa is concentrating on his foundations. Remember, there is no  point in building a Skyscraper on a bed of sand. :)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:54 am

How can we tell our finances when the transfers keep going as undisclosed.
Speaking of which what is reason behind the undisclosed transfer to save some red faces in management area when we see how much we lost on guys like Diouff. Or is it trying to stop others team working out how much they can screw out of us  ???
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:03 am

I always figured it was so that other teams wouldn't know how much we had left in the kitty, so that we can opperate more stealth-like when it comes to buying players. If other clubs around our standard from around Europe could work out how much we will be spending, they will have a better idea of who we will be going for. So by doing this, we can wait for our rivals to get caught up in another transfer battle while we quietly enquire about one of our targets and make a move. Sneaky, but cost effective.

If it's not that, then it probably has something to do with Laza's first idea... unfortunatly... :( :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:53 pm

Yea Look wot lyon are doing to chelsea for essien, there pesedent said something along the lines of if you hav 32m for gerrard, you must have 32m for essien.

Rafas a smart man.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:06 pm

Essien is not 32m player, 10 at the moment, yon paid 3m for him last summer!!
BTW anyone remember one of the last transfer rumours under Houllier? Apparentley he was afte some unknown player named Mikel Essien from Bastia for 3m........ and thats true
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:28 pm

I don't think the problem is money, I think the problem might be finding a good RM and CB for a reasonable amount of money.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RAFABENITEZ » Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:33 pm

HI , SORRY YO INTERUPT THIS THRAD BUT IM MAKING A FANTASY DREAM TEAM LEAGUE FOR ALL NEWKIT USERS AND I HAVE A THREAD ON GENERAL CHAT, IF UR INTRESTED REPLY ON IT PLEASE.
RAFABENITEZ
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:56 pm

we have to remember we were something like 20 million in debt last season.

we shouldn't be spending all our money on new players....have to clear debt too.....
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:34 am

"You don't sell your house to buy a window." - Rafa Benitez.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion