Whitbread - Have i missed something

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:43 am

A.B. wrote:
if needed in the first team this season I'm sure he'd do a decent job.

We need more than a decent job, Hyypia is not good enough any longer to be first choice through out the season. Andrade is cup-tied but he's certainly class and it would be a great addition to the squad.

No he isn't. He's only unavailable in the UEFA Cup.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:47 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
A.B. wrote:
if needed in the first team this season I'm sure he'd do a decent job.

We need more than a decent job, Hyypia is not good enough any longer to be first choice through out the season. Andrade is cup-tied but he's certainly class and it would be a great addition to the squad.

No he isn't. He's only unavailable in the UEFA Cup.

I KNEW someone was gonna come and throw a spanner in the works......But for some reason I have a feeling too that he MAY not be cup tied too....ooohhhh I just dont know anymore!

Well I suppose we only need to worry about it IF we actually buy Andrade.
Last edited by 76-1115222408 on Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
76-1115222408

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:52 am

You can only be cup tied for the Champions League by playing for another club in the CL. Deportivo have played in the Intertoto cup which leads to the UEFA cup. Ergo, Andrade is available to play in the CL for us should we buy him.

I thank you! :D :p

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:57 am

Lando I've checked this out, he is cup-tied for all European competitions.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:02 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
were acting as if weve bought him already!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:08 am

Well thats just silly.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:12 am

A.B. wrote:Lando I've checked this out, he is cup-tied for all European competitions.

thats a great pity i was kind of hoping lando may be right but there you go  but i would still buy him looked ok last night against the toons but the price will more than likely go up the whole world knows rafa is looking at him after bidding 7.5 for milito they might want the same !!!

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:22 am

but the price will more than likely go up the whole world knows rafa is looking at him after bidding 7.5 for milito they might want the same

The price can't go up too much because he's cup-tied.

Regardless of whether he's cup tied or not, we need to sign him or get somebody as good as him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:26 am

True enough, A.B.

As has been said - LFC do things with the longterm, not the quick-fix, in mind.
Sami didn't do too badly in Europe last season did he!?! :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:19 am

Sami didn't do too badly in Europe last season did he!?!

He was solid in Europe, it's just that in the Premiership other players make him look average at best.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:47 am

My first impressions of Whitbread we're positive, its nice to see us generating players who are at least making some first team action. Maybe its Benitez, maybe he sees something - he saw something in Carragher at CB. Before that I was content with Carragher the right back.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hamza » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:06 pm

whitbread looks ok i like his name but going back 2 the cetrre half thing if we do sell sami or find a replacment we need a centre back who is a presance in the box on both sides and score goals howver slow or old sami is he is huge and scares defenders wen up 4 a corner and he is brill in the air thats y andre sems 2 fit the bill
Hamza

Postby tubby » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:11 pm

Im sure Sami will be usd a lot this season but we have to have other options aswell. Smai is not gonna play all 77 prospective games. It good timing that Warnock and Whitbread are starting to live up to the hype. Whitbread is also a good passer of the ball, not sue if any of you noticed in the Kaunas match but he pulled of some long good passes. Warnock looked more the part aswell.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muttleyp » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:38 pm

Whitbread seems to have alot of potential, but is not ready to be used as cover or replacement for hypia. Hopefully he'll get a few good games under his belt this season and help improve his game and experience level.
As for centre backs he should forget Upson as he isnt really going to be much of an improvement on what we've got and has no pace real whatsoever. Not sure on how much we have to spend but if Rafa is looking at an english centre back then he should be looking at someone like Ledley King (depending on the fee of course) or maybe even Zat Knight who i think is slightly underrated.
Andrade would be a good signing, just hope we dont take too long sorting out whoever we are going to buy like we did with Milito and Coloccini last year and end up picking up scrappy average players who aren't of the quality that we require
muttleyp

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion