The anti-kewell brigade - Can we dispell the myth of the final

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MCYan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:09 pm

Come on Kewell, show us what you did for Leeds and Australia!
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DrTNT » Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:44 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I have just watched The Final for the first time since the night, and couldn't help but remember people going on about Kewell's celebrations.  People were claiming the guy was running around, doing gymnastics and had basically fiened his injury.

Well, i've just watched it again and can say that those people were talking utter :censored:!  After the match, Kewell was hopping most of the time, with one leg bent (obviously to protect his torn groin) and at best limping around!  When Dudek saved the last pen, he was one of the last guys to reach the group and his hopping/limping/injury was very obvious.

Let's not forget Carra was suffering with bad cramp towards the end (on the podium he was struggling to stand) yet he managed to jump up and down, kewell done the same, usally leaning on people.  So let's stop the slagging off, because the fact he had an operation 2 days later proves there was a problem.  A torn groin is a nasty injury and to be honest, even Carra wouldn't have been able to play through it!

i'm not defending his poor/lackluster performances (when fit) but it does get up my nose when people make stuff
up.  :angry:  :angry:

So let's see what a fully fit Harry Kewell can provide before we decide to write him off, shall we?

rant over

Excellent post. I think that it is a credit to you that you were able to stay impartial with reguards to your ID. I want to see Kewell show us the form and put in the proformances he did at Leeds and while playing for Australia.
REST IN PEACE PHIL!
DrTNT

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:19 pm

Send kewell to the reserves, and promote Cahill (wont sign new contract) from the reserves.
109-1093441336

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:24 pm

i think this is a make or break season for kewell. rafa still had faith in him and if he can get his injuries behind him, he will be something else.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby RedRoots » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:41 pm

Well the injuries are gone now supposedly so there's no more excuses, I remember watching him last season against Newcastle in one of the few games he played and I was impressed, he set up Baros with a lovely through ball after turning one of the barcodes and had a good all around match, hopefully we'll see more of that this season, if not he'll be out on his @rse in jan.
RedRoots

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:27 am

In a nutshell, if we can get Kewell sorted properly, and playing to his best, then Sh*tski will be gutted the spent £12m on Robben, as Kewell is a better player. I know a lot of people will disagree with me here, but if can remember his heyday at Leeds, you'll probably agree. Robben is brilliant (and a c*nt, by the way), but Kewell could be so much better. I just hope he proves it.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:35 am

I don't think Kewell will ever regains his Leeds form, I hope I'm wrong.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:36 am

I know a lot of people will disagree with me here, but if can remember his heyday at Leeds

So do I and when Harry has been the slighest bit fit we have seen glipses of this form.  Problem is, whenever Kewell shows signs of his confidence/form returning he gets injured.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Adtz » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:26 am

just give him one more chance pal...
If he can't regain his form, it still not late to kick him off.
He is a class player no doubt of it...
Adtz

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion