Xbox live

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:06 pm

Anyone play Xbox Live? my gametag is PaulConUK and I mainly play Forza Motorsport, Burnout 3, Halo 2, and just bought Pro Evo 4 (arriving tomorrow).

**Be warned I'm good at Forza**
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Yeah, i'm on Xbox live too.
Gamertag is PistonFeetPete lol.
Mainly play pro evo.. though it can be a bit laggy, oh and have the occasional dabble on Street Fighter II :)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:40 pm

Whats Street Fighter 2 like on the Xbox, I played it on the PS2 and it was cack. :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:47 pm

i have PS2, but my 12yr old son insists on xbox. we have broadband at home, could someone tell me how to use the live feature on xbox, before i get it for him. then at least my son wont think his dad is technologically inadequate :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:50 pm

The Return of the Judge wrote:i have PS2, but my 12yr old son insists on xbox. we have broadband at home, could someone tell me how to use the live feature on xbox, before i get it for him. then at least my son wont think his dad is technologically inadequate :)

Xbox Live is amazing, it works soooo well, basically you have a router which you plug the Xbox into, the Xbox picks all the setting up from the router, all you need to do is activate your Xbox Live Subsciption which is about £30 a year (but wellll worth it) by entering your details such as name, address, email address and pick a 'gametag' which is your Xbox Live name.

For example when you wanna play online you start the game, goto 'sign in' and enter your passkey for your gametag and bobs your uncle it will list people online to play, it's dead simple mate :cool:

It's well worth getting cos it adds more to the life span of your game, rather than getting bored of playing the computer you can play against mate or strangers, it's like having your mates round and playing against them which is soo much more fun than playing one pleyer games, also you have a headset to talk to people which is crystal clear  :bowdown
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:15 pm

street fighter two is one of my most played online xbox games! 
It's not too bad once you get used to doing all the moves on one of xbox pads (which at first was a nightmare to get used to!)

It's good cos the games are fast and furious so you can just sign in for a quick few rounds :)

Plus its should be fairly cheap to buy nowadays.. prob around a tenner??
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:16 am

Paul C wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:i have PS2, but my 12yr old son insists on xbox. we have broadband at home, could someone tell me how to use the live feature on xbox, before i get it for him. then at least my son wont think his dad is technologically inadequate :)

Xbox Live is amazing, it works soooo well, basically you have a router which you plug the Xbox into, the Xbox picks all the setting up from the router, all you need to do is activate your Xbox Live Subsciption which is about £30 a year (but wellll worth it) by entering your details such as name, address, email address and pick a 'gametag' which is your Xbox Live name.

For example when you wanna play online you start the game, goto 'sign in' and enter your passkey for your gametag and bobs your uncle it will list people online to play, it's dead simple mate :cool:

It's well worth getting cos it adds more to the life span of your game, rather than getting bored of playing the computer you can play against mate or strangers, it's like having your mates round and playing against them which is soo much more fun than playing one pleyer games, also you have a headset to talk to people which is crystal clear  :bowdown

its simple?, its me your talking to paul. does the router come with the xbox?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:27 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:
Paul C wrote:

lol, nah mate a router is a box which connects to the internet, it allows you to have 'always on' internet access as it dials up and then stays connected, it also allows you to share your internet connection with many computers depending if it's a wireless router, you can pick up wired routers for £30 or a wireless router for about £60, mate it is simple believe me as their are loads of people on Xbox Live and lots of them are technophobes  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:06 am

fifa 2005 and winning eleven 8
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:14 am

Paul C wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:
Paul C wrote:

lol, nah mate a router is a box which connects to the internet, it allows you to have 'always on' internet access as it dials up and then stays connected, it also allows you to share your internet connection with many computers depending if it's a wireless router, you can pick up wired routers for £30 or a wireless router for about £60, mate it is simple believe me as their are loads of people on Xbox Live and lots of them are technophobes  :;):

cheers, your wording is even simple for me, cheers  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:43 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:fifa 2005 and winning eleven 8

Winning Eleven is Pro Evolution Soccer over here mate.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum