Carra and sg sign new 4 year deals

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:52 pm

Rafa holding stevie down making sure he doesnt do a runner
   :D

great news, glad this saga is finally over and now we can move on to getting some more new faces in.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:53 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Still need to be convinced that Gerrard's head is clear.

yep, after the latest fiasco, i can categorically say that if you looked in gerrard's right ear you would be able to see out of the left one. :D
Last edited by stmichael on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:10 pm

Jamie Carragher has spoken of his jubilation following Steven Gerrard's amazing u-turn earlier this week that saw the skipper pledge his long-term future to Liverpool Football Club. 
Like every Liverpool fan Carra admits he thought Gerrard's time with the Reds was over after the announcement on Tuesday that he would not be signing a new contract.

And he's revealed how the sensational turnaround in events on Wednesday morning has given everyone at the club a massive lift.

"We're all delighted he's staying like everyone else I was watching the reports on television and though he was leaving," Carragher told Liverpoolfc.tv.

"Then we couldn't believe it when we were having breakfast at Melwood and news came through that he was staying. I almost spat my cornflakes out.

"It's a great boost for everyone at the club because we thought he had gone. It's almost like signing a new player for nothing, although I'm sure he'll cost a few quid in wages."

Carragher also confirmed that he was one of the senior players consulted by the manager over whether Gerrard should relinquish the captaincy in light of recent events.

He added: "The manager did speak to me and a few players and we all agreed that he is our captain and should stay as captain. He's just lifted the European Cup so he must be doing something right as captain.

"I have spoken to Steven over the last few days and I know what a difficult time it has been for him. It's just good that it's all finally over and now we can look forward to playing football again."
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:41 pm

fantastic news now we can get on with the season and winning the premiership instead of hearing all about stevie leaving and wondering if hes happy and commited all the way thru the season and stevie can now concentrate on his football as well
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:08 pm

:cool: Best news of the week, 2 of the best signings Liverpool have made this year :buttrock
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:35 pm

what a way to end the week. :D
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby Sean » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:35 pm

Pressures probabaly off until 2007.  Then with 2 years left on Gerrards contract the vultures will gather.  He'll be 27 then and at his peak.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby London_Red » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:43 pm

probably the best signings we are gonna make this summer, now at least the players can get back to focusing on games instead of contracts
London_Red

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:01 pm

finally,Stevie's saga is over.hopefully,his mind is clear and focus on his football and bring out the BEST of him.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby desperado0831 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:39 pm

We just get back to work on it....

Boost the whole team morale...Yeah
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby 76-1115222408 » Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:40 pm

At least SG IS smiling this time,unlike the forced ones last year when he said he was staying.

Starting to look good, lets hope he can concentrate and his head is clear and it isnt like what happened with Viera, where he has never really been the same(sidenote, Juve after Viera....they are suppossed to be broke so may have to sell first to create funds.......TREZEGUET anyone???)

YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby AussieKopite » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:09 pm

close call
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO_14 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:09 pm

Gerrard-

Gerrard looked set to be on his way out of Anfield earlier in the week after indicating he wanted to leave, but after mulling over the decision he decided to stay.

The England international is now ready to give his all for the club without any worries over his future.

"It's a massive weight off my mind," Gerrard aid about signing the new deal. "Over the last twelve months there has been a lot of speculation about my future and it hasn't helped my football.

"It's nice to sign a four year deal with no clauses to make sure this situation doesn't happen again.

"Next season you'll see a Steven Gerrard who has got a clear mind and who is focused on his football. I'll be a better player next season.

"I think the speculation has affected me, though not too much because I think at the right times I've still pulled out the big performances.

"It'll be different over the next four years because that speculation has gone and won't come back. I'm looking forward to playing with a free mind, relaxed and concentrated solely on football.

"Liverpool will get the best of Steven Gerrard because I feel ready to move into the prime years of my career.

"I'm only 25 and I think over the next few years you'll see me playing my best football and I hope to lead this club to more success and more silverware."

sounds happy enough to me now, looks ready to try his best for the club for a long time and win us some trophies
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion