Are we actually going to sign anyone?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:15 am

Maybe RB doesn't know who to sign ......
LiverpoolMadman

Postby A.B. » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:24 am

Maybe RB doesn't know who to sign

Somebody take out an AK47 and shoot me right now!! I can't believe what the f#ck I'm reading here. The man who won the Champions Leauge in nine months doesn't know who to sign!!

Now I've heard it all. FFS where the hell is the common sense here?

We have plenty of :censored: time to buy players we want. July 6 deadline is for CL qualifiers. If we buy a player by July 6 then that player won't play in the first round of the CL qualifiers, he'll be available in the rest of the games.

It's very f#cking clear that Benitez is keeping his cards to his chest as close as he can. He's letting nothing out because if he did his potential targets could end up being wanted by another team, and poof you got yourself a potential bidding war.

If you can have faith in the man all season then you can now.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:12 am

:p
LiverpoolMadman

Postby 2520years » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:44 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but regarding these references to 2nd July being the transfer window...
Surely we can sign whoever we want, whenever we want, but their contracts can't start until the 2nd July, which is no big problem as there are no games before then.
There's no rush yet.  The ultimate deadline is 31/8 for the Premier League which is over two months away.

Rafa is like a swan; cool on the surface but working furiously underneath.

:cool:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:45 am

A.B. wrote:
Maybe RB doesn't know who to sign

Somebody take out an AK47 and shoot me right now!! I can't believe what the f#ck I'm reading here. The man who won the Champions Leauge in nine months doesn't know who to sign!!

Now I've heard it all. FFS where the hell is the common sense here?

We have plenty of :censored: time to buy players we want. July 6 deadline is for CL qualifiers. If we buy a player by July 6 then that player won't play in the first round of the CL qualifiers, he'll be available in the rest of the games.

It's very f#cking clear that Benitez is keeping his cards to his chest as close as he can. He's letting nothing out because if he did his potential targets could end up being wanted by another team, and poof you got yourself a potential bidding war.

If you can have faith in the man all season then you can now.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:52 am

Last season we were left waiting and we got Alonso and Garcia,

I rather see some big signings now rather then later but maybe this patience thing is worth a spin  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:43 am

The reason we probably aren't seeing any incoming players and neither are many other clubs imo is the fact that we would have to start paying there wages now.
It happened last year and Parry actually made a statement saying that players would come in later due to this fact.
I agree, i would love to know who we will definately be signing, but until training is due to start i dont expect to see anyone confirmed.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:17 am

Yeah, it's funny how quick people believe certain rumours and then jump on the bandwagon..
Posting a thread titled 'Owen... the Traitor' is a bit harsh considering nothing had yet happened!!
Might as well have threads saying 'Gerrard... two-faced chelsea lover' etc etc, considering all those rumors too!

That's exactly the reason why the tabloids can post anything they want and get away with it (Danny Fulbrook anyone??).

Anyway, until anything happens.. then lets not get too excited or heated up eh? :)
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:17 am

whoops.. posted on the wrong thread!! Sorry!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:30 am

excellent post by AB, sums it up really.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:32 pm

2520years wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but regarding these references to 2nd July being the transfer window...
Surely we can sign whoever we want, whenever we want, but their contracts can't start until the 2nd July, which is no big problem as there are no games before then.
There's no rush yet.  The ultimate deadline is 31/8 for the Premier League which is over two months away.

Rafa is like a swan; cool on the surface but working furiously underneath.

:cool:

Couldnt of put it better my self its better being quiet think about it, we could be like everton and tell everyone who we are after and then let some one else beat us to completing the buy!!!

silence is bliss we all know that Rafa is the man with the plan!

YNWA
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:37 pm

I think we'll unveil a player or two this week.

:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:42 pm

LiverpoolThroughAndThrough wrote:Over the last month, six weeks there has been sio much talk about how we are going to be getting many different players. I hink about 20 - 25 names have been talked about. But now with us having to playing in the early stages of the champions league surely we are going to have to get some players now and fast???

Are there any deals near complete as this is become very frustrating??

I;m getting fed up with all the talk now! :help

Unfortunately Benitez is a last minute man when it comes to the transfer window, he will wait until the end dawns and the horizon arises before he makes his signings which is veru fustrating, but I am sure Reina deal will be completed very soon aswell and then whatever remaining signings will follow after, but I now how impatient we all are and how anxious we are to sign some of those great talents we have been linked with, but we must wait for them.

"Good things come to those who wait".

A very true saying if I might add.  :;):
48-1119859832

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:20 pm

I trust Rafa !
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:14 pm

I think hes gonna unveil them maybe in groups of 2 or 3 at a time. Like he did with Luis Garcia and Xavi Alonso. Hes already got 16 year old Miquel Roque and that other young fella Barranga or something from Sevilla.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion