Guti to liverpool - Will be a good buy

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 2520years » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:50 am

The BBC is quoting Guti as saying he'd only consider Arsenal in England.  Mind you, he says one reason is the team spirit - I think he'll get a shock if/when he goes there!
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:54 am

Do we really need somebody who isn't even good enough to displace Beckham in Real madrid team?
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:15 am

Good point. Think he will go to Arsenal anyway

From Sky Sports
Arsenal are rumoured to be ready to enter into talks for Real Madrid midfielder Guti.

The Spain international could be leaving Santiago Bernabeu over the summer after failing to cement a first-team place under Wanderley Luxemburgo.

Guti recently admitted that, if he was forced to leave his boyhood club, he would relish the chance to play in The Premiership.

He was linked with Liverpool, where he would team up with several of his compatriots, but Reds boss Rafa Benitez played down talk of a bid for the 28-year-old.

Reports now suggest that Arsenal are ready to step up their interest in the industrious midfielder after being given hope they could sign Guti.

The player's agent Zoran Vekic has narrowed down the list of destinations for Guti by saying The Gunners are the club he wants to play for.

"After Real Madrid his only desire if he was to move to England would be to play for Arsenal because of their style, their team spirit and of course they have a great coach," Vekic told the Daily Mail.

This declaration may give Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger the encouragement needed to launch a firm bid for Guti.

Vekic is purportedly due to hold talks with Gunners officials this week as he looks to negotiate Guti's exit from the Spanish capital.

Real had been expected to demand £12 million for the fans' hero but a figure of £7 million could be enough to facilitate a deal.

So i don't think we need to worry about him coming to Liverpool>
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:54 am

Big Niall wrote:Do we really need somebody who isn't even good enough to displace Beckham in Real madrid team?

Can't say i've seen much of him but the lad looked head and shoulders above EVERY other player on the pitch (including our Xabi) during the England-Spain friendly a few months back. It might only have been a friendly but our lads couldn't touch him.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:31 pm

RedorDead wrote:The Rumours Thread is the one at the top that is total sh!te....is 30 pages long...is impossible to have a "DISCUSSION" on and is just a disjointed collection of jibberish.
Threads such as this give everyone a place to DISCUSS one particular rumour without getting lost in an enormous thread about countless other subjects and I for one prefer this format.
P.S - see my post above for thoughts on Guti

Hear Hear!!!

Well said lad!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:35 pm

I like Gutti, although I think with Gerrard and Alonso in the middle of the park and Hamman waiting in the wings we do not really have any need for him this season.

We should really concentrate on a new forward, new CB, New winger and new keeper

Central Mid is probably aour strongest position
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Chelsea forever. » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:21 pm

RedorDead wrote:The Rumours Thread is the one at the top that is total sh!te....is 30 pages long...is impossible to have a "DISCUSSION" on and is just a disjointed collection of jibberish.
Threads such as this give everyone a place to DISCUSS one particular rumour without getting lost in an enormous thread about countless other subjects and I for one prefer this format.
P.S - see my post above for thoughts on Guti

I agree - just visited it ... lost my way in there .. there is absolutely no room for discussion.

Why dont you guys get a seperate 'Rumours' section - like the Genral Forum. There one could post a rumour about a certain player and discuss only him - different topics for different players - would certainly clean up the forum and catagorize it better.

Just a suggestion - dont eat my head off.

:)
Chelsea forever.

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:34 pm

I dont really want him myself his wages will be to much in my eyes think zenden is the cheaper alternative.
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:38 pm

He won't be coming to Anfield and will be heading to Highbury to replace Edu!! :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BringBackTiti » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:41 pm

lets hope so
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolThroughAndThrough » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:58 pm

Think about Gerrard (if he stays) Hammann and Alonso. I think all three of these players will equip better in the premiership the what Guti will.

I for 1 would say no to Guti!
Born a Red, Live a Red, Die a Red!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

European champions 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LiverpoolThroughAndThrough

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion