Copy of 'that' game wanted on dvd

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:33 pm

piece o' cake, i'll let you know when i get it

The thing is that the DVD may not work over here. Reason I say that is because when I look for DVD's online there is a region code listed which states where it can be viewed. Once I tried to buy a LFC dvd but it could only work on DVD players in the UK and the rest of Europe but not in North America.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:50 pm

A.B. wrote:
piece o' cake, i'll let you know when i get it

The thing is that the DVD may not work over here. Reason I say that is because when I look for DVD's online there is a region code listed which states where it can be viewed. Once I tried to buy a LFC dvd but it could only work on DVD players in the UK and the rest of Europe but not in North America.

you can get "multiregion" dvd players which play discs from anywhere

i've got one and it cost me about £75 a couple of years ago, now you can get them for £30/40
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:01 am

Don't mean to be funny, but as soon as the final whistle was blown, some wise man had taped it on SKY plus and burnt it onto DVD and auctoined it on eBay.

My even wiser younger brother David (Macca from this site) bid for it and now we have the final on DVD which we watched over breakfast this morning.

It's all good being a Macca. :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby zarababe » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:31 am

.. I recorded the match on video when ITV replayed the whole thriller at 1.30 am on the 26th... But I will buy the official DVD cos it's bound to have all the build-up and post-match stuff.. I also recorded sky's excellent coverage of the parade.. watch bits everyday .. still brings tears to me eyes.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:31 am

Use bitcomet, and leech it from certain websites, look for it, it will cost you nothing but downloads.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:13 am

Cab be ordered on Amazon.co.uk .. release date 20th June..

"Liverpool - Champions Of Europe 2005" 

List Price: £17.99
Our Price: £13.49
You Save: £4.50 (25%)
Release date: June 20, 2005. Not yet available: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when it is released by the studio."

... OK :)
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:10 am

dawson99 wrote:wait to buy official one mate. no knock off copies, takes money out of places it should belong. will be out soon

I guess your either talking about ESPN or skysports or ITV or some other network that broadcasted the game, because THEY get the profits, and THEY are the ones who are distributing the DVD. Someone buy it and then seed it for everyone else on the net, then with your 10 squid you were going to spend on the dang thing, donate it to the club, or go there and buy something from the shop, thats where the money SHOULD be going.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gracias King Rafa » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:49 am

zarababe wrote:.. I recorded the match on video when ITV replayed the whole thriller at 1.30 am on the 26th... But I will buy the official DVD cos it's bound to have all the build-up and post-match stuff.. I also recorded sky's excellent coverage of the parade.. watch bits everyday .. still brings tears to me eyes.. :)

Same here mate but the final(and the homecoming) I taped on my DVD recorder (Dudek's first penalty save in which he was about 6 yards off his line still cracks me up!!! :D  :laugh: )

Poor Kelly must have been completely knackered!

I've also got the 2nd leg against Chelsea on DVD as well(Maureenio  SSSSSHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
:D )
Gracias King Rafa

Postby Woollyback » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:56 am

el_stinger wrote:
dawson99 wrote:wait to buy official one mate. no knock off copies, takes money out of places it should belong. will be out soon

I guess your either talking about ESPN or skysports or ITV or some other network that broadcasted the game, because THEY get the profits, and THEY are the ones who are distributing the DVD. Someone buy it and then seed it for everyone else on the net, then with your 10 squid you were going to spend on the dang thing, donate it to the club, or go there and buy something from the shop, thats where the money SHOULD be going.

get the match for free off the internet somewhere and donate your tenner to the HJC, they need it a whole lot more than the club or the broadcasters ever will
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:48 am

zarababe wrote:Cab be ordered on Amazon.co.uk .. release date 20th June..

this one seems to have highlights of the whole campaign... "Featuring every goal from every game this season, highlights from the Carling Cup and extensive review of the Champions league, including footage from the spectacular match which contained every emotion for the watching millions, as AC Milan 's 3 - 0 half time lead was washed away in a tide of red!"

i just want the game, the whole game and nothing but the game. woolly - i might take you up on that DVD offer...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:56 am

zarababe wrote:Cab be ordered on Amazon.co.uk .. release date 20th June..

List Price: £17.99
Our Price: £13.49
You Save: £4.50 (25%)
Release date: June 20, 2005. Not yet available: you may still order this title. We will dispatch it to you when it is released by the studio."

... OK :)

Thanks for the info, i ordered that DVD. Go just nicely with my DVD of the game.

cheers  :;):

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby karynlee » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:17 pm

hi everyone i got a copy of the game on dvd form one of the members on here and it is fab, i have saved for my lad to give his dad for fathers day, it's a shame the officail one is not out till the day after FD, i think there will be alot of wasted money there, anyway be carefull with the ones of ebay they were taped off the spanish tv and unless you can speak the lingo it's no good.
karynlee

Postby leasa » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:59 pm

I have the dvd! Don't hesitate to contact me! my e-mail adress is dragos_18ro@yahoo.com! Thank you!
leasa

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion