Sorry if this is already here - Genius

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:22 pm

dunno if it should go here, or in general chat, but dudek song could be more annoying than crazy frog? LOL

from bbc sport:

You saw him win the European Cup and marvelled at his spaghetti-legs - now Jerzy Dudek could take the pop charts by storm.

A group of Liverpool fans calling themselves The Trophy Boyz have recorded a tribute to the goalkeeper who single-handedly defied the might of AC Milan.

Entitled 'Du The Dudek', the song - which fittingly boasts a Euro-pop chorus - relives the drama of that glorious night in Istanbul when Liverpool came from 3-0 down to triumph against all the odds.

Co-writer Adrian Zag said: "The lads produced the mother of all comebacks and I spent the next couple of days watching every news report on the TV and the internet.

"The BBC Sport website had a Du the Dudek video and I also heard that Jerzy had been dragged on to the dancefloor after the match by the players' wives and girlfriends to perform his moves again.

"Then I came across this little blog spot which said someone should do a song about the whole night so I went away and wrote the track with the other Trophy Boyz."

Zag, part of a production team involved with artists including Britney Spears and Celine Dion, admits his latest offering is unlikely to win the Ivor Novello award.

"It's not a serious song, it's a bit of fun. It's meant to get people dancing around their barbies during the summer. It's a madcap, crazy, rollercoaster tune to commemorate a crazy, rollercoaster match.

"For what it is, I think it's a cracking football song and the idea is to have it released as a single.

"We've had approaches by two record companies and we want to make this a big hit, to keep Liverpool's triumph fresh in the mind for as long as we can.

"If every Liverpool fan - or even one in 10 Liverpool fans - downloads the track it will go into the charts on downloads alone."

Du The Dudek - sample lyric: "Jerzey's double save And we're back from the grave!" - can be found on the TMC Records website - www.tmcrecords.co.uk.

"The song is unlikely to replace You'll Never Walk Alone as the Liverpool anthem," conceded Zag - "but I hope it replaces that bloody frog at the top of the charts!"
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:23 pm

and here are the lyrics :D

'Du The Dudek' lyrics 
CHORUS:
Come on and do the Dudek
Do the Jerzy Dudek
Shake it, shake it, move it
Jump up and wave your gloves!

We're the one and only
Euro Campione
Who get to keep the trophy
The rest aint good enough!

One night in Turkey
Some lads from the Mersey
They never gave up the fight
We went bananas
Sons and their fathers
As they set the city alight

Oh-oh-eeay-oh...eeay-oh
Carragher's brilliant advice
Oh-oh-eeay-oh...eay-oh
Eeeay-oh-oh-oh

CHORUS

At 3-nil we were stuffed
We thought it was all over
But come the second half
We played them off the park!

Stevie...Steve Gerrard
Ee-zey...He's in command

Oh-oh-eeay-oh...eay-oh
Grobbelaar's come back to life
Oh-oh-eeay-oh...eay-oh
Eeeay-oh-oh-oh

CHORUS

When we scored three in six
The Mersey boyz were laughing
Then Jerzey's double save
And we're back from the grave!

Eu-ro...Cam-pio-ne!!
Heroes...of the Mersey
CHORUS...out
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:26 pm

Listenin to it right now it is great will never go out of fashin in my opinion.Come and do the dudek.
joependo

Postby L-type » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:11 pm

yeah great song, but was it really necessary to make 2 separate posts for the story and lyrics? ???
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion