Lord cisse of frodsham

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby XSD » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:45 pm

Partner him with Luque or Morientes.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:23 pm

Its impossible to say he's another Henry or compare him to someone. I do believe he shows potential though and just needs something to click.

I.E. he's slightly overunnning the ball, showing good idea's that aren't quite comming off, looked nervous infront of goal.

When/if it clicks we could have a really good player on our hands.
115-1073096938

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:14 pm

RedorDead wrote:And comments like those from Paul C are the reason a lot of people don't bother with this site anymore.

Don't go blaming me for people not posting, I never refered to muppets as in people off this site I refered to muppets as fans in general that I talk to everyday in person or on the internet so don't single me out!  :angry:
Last edited by Paul C on Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:20 pm

Cisse(in the aston villa match)was not 100 percent fit and he can still score 2 past Villa.You can't say sorenson is a :censored: keeper eithe.So therefore we have a great striker on our hands here.He has everything he has abillity,skill,shots,attitude,balance and almost tall so he will be deadly.Hope he can score as Henry next season be hard though
joependo

Postby 116-1104673748 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:45 pm

Lets hope Morientes or Luque can adapt better to the Premiership.Then our strikers will dominate.Hahaha.No more Henry as topscorer like previous seasons.
116-1104673748

Postby RED ANT » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:50 pm

joependo wrote:Hope he can score as Henry next season

Unfortunatly the reputation he bought with him last summer was of a complete striker. This i feel was another of Houlliers misgivings (billing players as better then they actually were).

Cisse was and still is a most gifted player with bags of potential that given the right coaching could be a world beaterbut when we first see him in the red shirt could tell he wasn't the finished article and i think that was dissapointing.

He could be another Henry but at the moment he's not even close.
RED ANT

Postby Paul C » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:55 am

To be fair guys you need time to adjust, he played about 10 games and then had his injury, I think we'll see the real Cisse next season :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Galactico » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:07 am

To be honesti havent read all the posts but in my opinion Cisse is the perfect man (aggressive, attitude etc), but more importantly his record backs it up.........top goalscorer in the french league for 3 consecutive seasons-at what he's now 23!!!!!!

My honest opinion he's got everything owen's got!! but for one thing... he's better than owen in every aspect speed, strength, acceleration, finishing (especially penalties!!!!!!!) To compare this man to Rush is only fair!! and it is imperative we play to get the best out of both him and Morientes or the moor, as he's known back in the bernabeu!!
Galactico

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:10 am

I was very dissappointed with Cisse at the final. He came into the game with 7 minutes to go (and Milan were dead tired and ready to fall) and he proceeded to walk around the field, and not charging every ball down. Watch it again folks, and watch how much running Cisse did. I think it is amazing that he came back from an awful injury, but I always wandered how he was top scorer in France. Frankly I did not rate him before he broke his leg, and all sentiment aside, I cannot rate him now. If he is happy on the bench I say keep him, other than that get the highest price possible.

On another issue, the amount of time he must have spent on his hair and beard for the final... maybe that is why he walked around the field looking tired when he came on for Baros.

To his credit he is young and far from his peak but to say he is better than owen is not fair. Owen is a very good finisher.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Belfastred » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:40 pm

Compare Cisse with kewell and the difference is like the difference between night and day. Cisse knew himself he didnt exactly set the world on fire before his injury but he didnt hide or shirk responsibilty. His desire to pull on a red shirt should never be questioned. Remember henry had a poor start to his arsenal career, I think that cisse will prove all his doubters wrong next season.
Belfastred

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:56 pm

Belfastred wrote:Compare Cisse with kewell and the difference is like the difference between night and day. Cisse knew himself he didnt exactly set the world on fire before his injury but he didnt hide or shirk responsibilty. His desire to pull on a red shirt should never be questioned. Remember henry had a poor start to his arsenal career, I think that cisse will prove all his doubters wrong next season.

Here's hoping.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion