Mystery player?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sun May 29, 2005 11:12 pm

From BBC
Reds fan gatecrashes the party

A Liverpool fan gatecrashed the Champions League winners'photo shoot after borrowing an official tracksuit.

Nineteen-year-old Lee Dames spotted the outfit by the dugout and put it on while everyone else was distracted by the medal ceremony in Istanbul.

He then lined up alongside his heroes, who played along with the prank.

Dames, a semi-professional player with Unibond League outfit Burscough, said: "The players were nudging each other about me and thought it was funny."

He told the Liverpool Echo: "I just had to be with the team. I grabbed a tracksuit from the dugout. It was unbelievably brilliant.

"It was tremendous enough to win the cup, but to get involved like that was the icing on the cake."

Dames featured in several newspapers and has instructed his family to keep hold of them so he can see himself when he gets back from Turkey next week.

Dames' father, Paul, was watching the match in a Liverpool bar when he suddenly saw a familiar face.

"I spotted him and thought: 'That's not my son, is it?' I was flabbergasted," he said.

"I couldn't believe me eyes - he is a cheeky little b****r!"
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Galactico » Mon May 30, 2005 7:20 am

Jammy bas*ard!!!!!!!!
Galactico

Postby policy » Mon May 30, 2005 8:01 am

I'm jealous.

I wonder if the players were really cool with him.

If they were, hey it was their night.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby JBG » Mon May 30, 2005 11:15 am

The was another fan who got lifted by security just before that photo was taken. He ran up to crouch to the side of the front row of players but a few UEFA fellas lifted him before anything happened. :laugh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon May 30, 2005 11:18 am

Crouch? Europe? You kidding?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion