Arsenal on sunday - What do you think?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:03 pm

after that result against chelsea i would say we have a brilliant chance to beat arsenal and if we put in a performance like that we will but saying that every time we play a champions league match our next game in the prem is always terrible. Its getting near the end of the season and we have 3 weeks to prepare for the final so we can concentrate on the end of the premiership and work hard to win these last games.what do you think this match will be like?
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed May 04, 2005 10:10 pm

We always struggle after a Euro game.  I think we will have a hard time against an Arsenal team that is just quietly getting on with it
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Owen10-Gerrard8 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:25 pm

Knowing our luck after a Champions League Triumph we will probably suffer a defeat to Arsenal but if it is a draw I will be a happy fan  :D
Owen10-Gerrard8

YNWA

Come on Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owen10-Gerrard8

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed May 04, 2005 10:55 pm

Im worried bout this game. After CL games its been Euphoria, followed by Dissapointment. And even though Henry is out, i think Gilberto is a big player for them and is palying well too!!

Saying that tho, Rafa is a deep tactitian and he out smarted the ****** last time out, albeit with a late Mellor goal. But we were as we have been in All Big Games this season SOLID and hard to breakdown, we just need to keep possesion better, then we really will be returning to the good 'ol days of LFC, getting a goal and then just controlling the whole game, front and back.

So im 50-50 at the mo, i just dont know....JEKYLL AND HYDE SYNDROME.

Cmon u reds
YNWA
76-1115222408

Postby ALONSO_14 » Wed May 04, 2005 11:09 pm

to get absolutely anything out of this game will be fantastic, playing away when we never ever win, against arsenal who we dont usually beat and with a tired and very unpredictable, inconsistent team. however we should be on a high after the win against chelsea but like after every champions league game this season that probably wont be the case but i will watch in hope... Walk on
LIVERPOOL FC- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNERS 2005
                        EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS, 5TH TIME WINNERS
                        ISTANBUL
ALONSO_14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Wed May 04, 2005 11:37 pm

On this note, does anyone know were i can dig up an active torrent for the classic we played earlier this season?  I had it already but my cousin deleted it to make space on the computer... :(   By no means do I expect us to beat Arsenal, but I do expect s to go down guns blazing.  Liverpool aka world beaters can no longer get by with dismal efforts, and hopefully we can get this turned around.  Just remember that while the CL is no where even close to being a done deal, Everton dropping points is !!  We can still get 4th !!
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 04, 2005 11:50 pm

We can win it ,depends on which Liverpool turns up . Can't expect them to play like they did against Chelsea or Juventus in every prem game but as others have said our form following a CL game has been dismal . Maybe the fact thats it's Arsenal and we still have a chance of finishing 4th might just get the lads going. Six points from our last two games pleeeeeeeeease lads  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby XSD » Thu May 05, 2005 12:06 am

This game is a must win, 3 points have to be obtained nothing less.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 05, 2005 1:46 am

I don't like Arsenal. I wonder if JC has packed his £1 coin?!!!!!lol!!!! Seriously though, it's going to be tremendously difficult to win at Highbury (a contradictive name if ever there was one!). The lads must be kn*ckered, and I'm sure Rafa will spring a few suprises in his starting line up! We shall see!!! Up the 'pool!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion