Luque - More transfer rumours

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:14 pm

Luque is not a forward but a left winger. He is extremely good but inconsistant. Last season he absolutely destroyed AC Milan in Deportivo's 4-0 home win.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:27 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Luque is not a forward but a left winger. He is extremely good but inconsistant. Last season he absolutely destroyed AC Milan in Deportivo's 4-0 home win.

You see thats why I like reading your posts, you know your football.

Indeed Albert Luque is a SUPERB winger not jus "decent" as someone else mentioned.

He also, and often played as a striker.

He has a magnificent left foot shot, very skilful and VERY FAST. Also scores a few goals from free kicks.

He scored one of the best goals I've ever seen from a free kick in the Champions League last season and ran the show against Milan.

I love his matador celebrations too :)

He would certainly strengthen our team, and Rafa would definitely get the best out of him.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:50 am

How many expensive strikers can we afford and also can we accommodate? We already have a very expensive one who is turbo fast, scored loads in a mickey mouse league but is struggling to even score consistently (1 goal per 2 or 3 games) let alone be as prolific as his price tag should suggest. I am talking about Cisse who is way too expensive and was struggling even before that injury.

It may be cruel to say this about him but it is true and he certainly did not dictate his transfer price. No, that favour to Auxerre was done by Houllier. Cisse may be good but he is nowhere near 14 million pounds worth of talent. If we really want Torres, make sure we also sell some of the expensive players as well as we should not carry so much sunk value in the squad when they'd not get a regular sun in the side to justify their purchase and wages.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:54 am

azriahmad wrote:How many expensive strikers can we afford and also can we accommodate? We already have a very expensive one who is turbo fast, scored loads in a mickey mouse league but is struggling to even score consistently (1 goal per 2 or 3 games) let alone be as prolific as his price tag should suggest. I am talking about Cisse who is way too expensive and was struggling even before that injury.

It may be cruel to say this about him but it is true and he certainly did not dictate his transfer price. No, that favour to Auxerre was done by Houllier. Cisse may be good but he is nowhere near 14 million pounds worth of talent. If we really want Torres, make sure we also sell some of the expensive players as well as we should not carry so much sunk value in the squad when they'd not get a regular sun in the side to justify their purchase and wages.

I believe Cisse will come good, simply for the fact that he has the physical attributes that make it almost impossible for him to fail in the premiership. When he came on last night he looked lively and caused the Chelsea defence problems with his pace.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:03 am

Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:Luque is not a forward but a left winger. He is extremely good but inconsistant. Last season he absolutely destroyed AC Milan in Deportivo's 4-0 home win.

Indeed Albert Luque is a SUPERB winger not jus "decent" as someone else mentioned.

He has a magnificent left foot shot, very skilful and VERY FAST. Also scores a few goals from free kicks.

He scored one of the best goals I've ever seen from a free kick in the Champions League last season and ran the show against Milan.

He would certainly strengthen our team, and Rafa would definitely get the best out of him.

In that Milan game he was dumping quality ball into the Milan box at a rate of knots. He was magnificent. He's really strong as well -  he's actually a bit of a horse - so I reckon he's cut out for the Premiership.

£20million? Nah, I reckon he's there to be bought for an Alonso sized fee.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:15 am

Fowler_E7, I hope so because I'd hate to see my beloved club having debts and buying an overpriced player to set the club record fee yet get little in return.

Cisse has lightning pace, that is for sure, but his first touch is appaling for a player of his cost and gets tackled off possession too easily. Owen's overall touch is not great but his first touch is way better than Cisse's.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Liverpool 4 EVA » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:23 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
Liverpool 4 EVA wrote:

In that Milan game he was dumping quality ball into the Milan box at a rate of knots. He was magnificent. He's really strong as well -  he's actually a bit of a horse - so I reckon he's cut out for the Premiership.

£20million? Nah, I reckon he's there to be bought for an Alonso sized fee.

I'm not sure if we can get him for the price we paid for Alonso because Atlético de Madrid are REALY desperate to sign Luque.

Barcelona NEARLY signed him last season and could try to sign him next season as Rijkaard really likes him.

Luque is saying in the Spanish press that his prefered destination is Barça.
Drummerphil - our thoughts are with you
Liverpool 4 EVA
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon May 02, 2005 3:52 pm

don't really wanna start a new thread...perhaps can create a sticky transfers thread to put all the rumours in there.

anyway here's one on Kapo...have to say, i know nothing about him....

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=273784

Reds on Kapo trail
by Patrick Haond -  created on 2 May 2005

Reports in France are suggesting that Liverpool are eyeing up a move for Juventus playmaker Olivier Kapo.
The former Auxerre man has struggled to make an impact at Stadio Delle Alpi after suffering injury troubles since his summer move, and Rafa Benitez is said to be amongst a host of admirers.
Loan deals involving Palermo, Sampdoria and Fiorentina have also been rumoured, although Liverpool may hold the trump card as they have Kapo's friend from Auxerre, Djibril Cisse, already on their books.
Before making the move to the Bianconeri, Kapo enjoyed an impressive reputation after breaking into the French national team, and could seek to move in a bid to rejuvenate his career
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:57 pm

The_Rock wrote:don't really wanna start a new thread...perhaps can create a sticky transfers thread to put all the rumours in there.

anyway here's one on Kapo...have to say, i know nothing about him....

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=273784

Reds on Kapo trail
by Patrick Haond -  created on 2 May 2005

Reports in France are suggesting that Liverpool are eyeing up a move for Juventus playmaker Olivier Kapo.
The former Auxerre man has struggled to make an impact at Stadio Delle Alpi after suffering injury troubles since his summer move, and Rafa Benitez is said to be amongst a host of admirers.
Loan deals involving Palermo, Sampdoria and Fiorentina have also been rumoured, although Liverpool may hold the trump card as they have Kapo's friend from Auxerre, Djibril Cisse, already on their books.
Before making the move to the Bianconeri, Kapo enjoyed an impressive reputation after breaking into the French national team, and could seek to move in a bid to rejuvenate his career

Kapo's a useful player.  Haven't seen him play that often but he has looked good for auxerre against english teams in the past.  Haven't seen him at all for juve this season though.

I remember a certain other french man that had a poor season at juve and then transformed into the best striker in the prem when he moved here, so you never know...
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon May 02, 2005 4:19 pm

Last edited by The_Rock on Mon May 02, 2005 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion