Slovanian ref on tuesday

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 01, 2005 9:33 pm

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/FixturesResults/Round=1971/Match=1086478/Report=MS.html

Speaks Russian was in charge of portos UEFA Cup against Celtic when Porto where diving like flies porto won, then got recognised as the biggest cheats in europe.
He was in charge of a Chelsea game against CSKA Moscow chelsea won 2-0. :shifty
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun May 01, 2005 9:44 pm

Well, after all the attention the Gudjohnsen dive brought, I'm sure it will be watched for in the return leg.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun May 01, 2005 10:07 pm

Slovenian, oh great. I wouldn't be surprised if Roman already payed him tons of money to favour Chelsea come Tuesday.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun May 01, 2005 10:16 pm

A.B. wrote:Slovenian, oh great. I wouldn't be surprised if Roman already payed him tons of money to favour Chelsea come Tuesday.

:sniffle  I know A.B. :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:34 am

that's ******, he speaks Russian!? ffs !

if he costs us the match don't let him out of Liverpool alive!!!!!!!! :angry:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon May 02, 2005 5:41 am

A.B. wrote:Slovenian, oh great. I wouldn't be surprised if Roman already payed him tons of money to favour Chelsea come Tuesday.

:(  :(
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon May 02, 2005 9:56 am

:shifty

History will be made at Anfield on Tuesday when Slovakian officials referee for the first time.

Lubos Michel will be the man in the middle, still only 36 year s old he is already a veteran of two major tournaments, the World Cup of 2002 and last years Euro Championships in Portugal. Michel is also one of the longest serving UEFA officials on the circuit.

He rise up the refereeing ladder has been somewhat lightening, since he only started refereeing in the Slovak top division in 1993, in only two seasons he was awarded the FIFA badge. His first international match came pretty quick as Liechtenstein hosted Northern Ireland.

During the World Cup of 2002 he only refereed one match, a 2-2 draw between Paraguay and South Africa in a group match, Lubos cautioned four players off both sides.

In Portugal though he feared better getting three games, Spain’s 1-1 draw with Greece, France’s 3-1 win over Switzerland and Hollands dramatic quarter-final penalty shoot out win against Sweden.

Lubos is also on the UEFA shortlist of referees for the World Cup in Germany next year.

He has well over 20 Champions League matches under his belt including his only other semi-final appointment back in 2002 when Manchester United and Bayer Leverkusen drew 2-2 at Old Trafford. He was recently in charge of Real Madrid’s 1-0 quarter-final 1st leg win over Juventus back in February.

Jose Mourinho might be pleased that Lubos has been given this game as he was in charge of Porto’s UEFA Cup Final victory over Celtic two seasons back. Then earlier on this season in the group stage he was at Stamford Bridge for their 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow.

His assistants are Martin Balko and Roman Slysko with Anton Stredak as the fourth official.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon May 02, 2005 12:46 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Jose Mourinho might be pleased that Lubos has been given this game as he was in charge of Porto’s UEFA Cup Final victory over Celtic two seasons back. Then earlier on this season in the group stage he was at Stamford Bridge for their 2-0 win over CSKA Moscow.

this is becoming my biggest fear.no doubt,refree plays an important role too.

:help  :help
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion