Valencia ready to offload aimar

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:00 pm

Redtribe wrote:Owen used to get knocked over all the time he wasn't big or strong...

Heskey used to get knocked all over and fell like a giant tree trunk...how do you account for that??  :D
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:10 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:reports that the club have grown frustrated with the player’s attitude and regular injury problems.

Ummm....does this sound like someone we know......Will the real Harry Kewell please stand up
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:51 pm

Redtribe wrote:
john craig wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
john craig wrote:If a big physically strong guy has the same mental toughness and technical skills as a small guy then he will be better.

Therefore physical strength does matter.  End of story

Yeah well how many big strong physical type players are blessed with the skills of lets say Wright phillips or Aimar.

Henry, Vieira, Gerrard, R Ferdinand and Lampard are the best players in the prem IMO and thats because they have power and technical ability

They may not have as many tricks as Aimar or SWP but they don't need to.  I agree that height does not really matter in football but strength does, especially in the modern game.  Zola may have been small but he had legs like tree-trunks and was a strong guy.

There are always exceptions but in general slightly built players will not make it in the modern game

I cant agree with that!

Owen used to get knocked over all the time he wasn't big or strong, but he most certainly has a place in the modern game!

On the flip side there is Duncan Ferguson, he is big and strong but definately has no place in the modern game!!!

ok then,

you go and look at every premiership squad and see how many players there are with the build of owen and swp.

Then look at every squad and see how many players there are that are more heavily built

You will find that the majority of players are of the latter build, so IMO that means that physical strength is an advantage in making it into a premiership team

If you had read my post correctly you would see that I said there WERE exceptions to the rule such as owen and swp
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:01 pm

pablo Aimar
Height: 170cm
Weight: 62Kg

How tall is that? im not into these continental numbers

:D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:02 pm

:laugh: Duncan dissordely Ferguson

Height:  6'3
Weight:  13st 8lbs
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:20 pm

Looks like valencia wants to get rid of aimar like how rafa wants to supposingly wants to get rid of baros...... A straight switch could be a possibility.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s342/st71438.htm?fromrss=1

Valencia ready to listen to Liverpool offer
By European Football - April 21 2005

Valencia are ready to listen to offers for Argentine midfielder Pablo Aimar, come the summer. He has been heavily linked with a reunion with his old boss Rafa Benitez, at Liverpool.

Valencia were originally reluctant to sell the talented player, but they have grown increasingly exasperated with his niggling injury concerns and lack of on field commitment.

Benitez is a big fan of the player though and has always managed to get the best out of him before and is believed to have had a bid in the January transfer window rejected, it is now strongly tipped that he will try his look again in the summer.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:34 am

Definitely take him, what we need is more offensive players trong in the air, which is another player we'd have with Aimar.  I'm not particularly sure he would be that strong in the air though because im basing my judgement on a video of his goals, and he had some nice headers.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Apr 23, 2005 3:58 am

I though Aimar spend a lot of time warming the bench during Rafa reign in Valencia??
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:25 pm

Fowler_E7 wrote:Abilty combined with the right attitude will always overcome physical attributes like size and strength, a good example of this was the FA cup semi final the other day between Blackburn and Arsenal. Blackburn ran around the whole 90 minutes kicking,fighting and tackling Arsenal players, but Arsenals superior levels of skill and technique eventually overcame their Physical disadvantage to win comfortably.

there`s been plenty the other way round mate, wimbledon in the cup final against the likes of barnes and beardsley, everton`s dogs of war against a great mid nineties united side in the 95 cup final and in fact a hundred years of f.a cup `shocks` where lower league opposition out battled their more skillfull opponents.
must admit with the ref`s nowadaze its harder for the physical sides to get away with it, wimbledon would have finished most games with five men these days when they had the likes of vinnie jones,john fashanu and eric young.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Scottbot » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:19 pm

Rafa Benitez on Luis Garcia yesterday:

"What he needs to improve is his physical condition. Sometimes when he goes into a tackle he needs to have more confidence. That's one thing, his strength.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:34 am

john craig wrote:
tel wrote:Aimar is a better player than Robben, and Robben is small and slight of frame. But he single handedly changed the Chelsea team and made them much more dangerous when he was available.

Robben doesn't look that small to me mate.

He is quite big as a matter of fact, quite tall for a winger

Wasnt referring to his height.

If he stands next to the corner flag, you have trouble making him out, he's that wiry.

And he falls all over the place like the girl he is.
tel

Postby Ciggy » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:49 am

tel wrote:
john craig wrote:
tel wrote:Aimar is a better player than Robben, and Robben is small and slight of frame. But he single handedly changed the Chelsea team and made them much more dangerous when he was available.

Robben doesn't look that small to me mate.

He is quite big as a matter of fact, quite tall for a winger

Wasnt referring to his height.

If he stands next to the corner flag, you have trouble making him out, he's that wiry.

And he falls all over the place like the girl he is.

You can say what you want about Robben, but he is class I just wish liverpool scouts had spotted him before Chelsea did, I would love him or Duff to play for us.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blizzardic » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:35 am

:D C'mon...buy him...i've dreamed of this transfer....:)
silence
blizzardic

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion