Owen to return - Miss him or not?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby KennyisGod....still » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:32 am

Owen wouldnt last 38 games, his hamstring'd be popped after all the rest he's had on Real's bench. He was a good servant in the past, but now the EPL is way too physical for him after his bum warmin season. He's got an awesome goals to minutes ratio, no argument, but he dont have a good games to minutes ratio and somethin tells me we dont have the luxury of affordin a ten minute per game player somehow. It's sad, but the last real tellin comment he made was the threat to leave if we didnt do any good last season, durin which he spent a good half of it bein massaged and BUPA'd back to fitness. No, as much as I respect his achievements in his 3hr 25 minute season in Spain, he can stay and sunbathe and try his best to escape the growin shade that is Ronaldo's shadow while we find a fit player prepared to sweat blood for the badge. Not threaten it with treason. 
Whilst hearin the comments about SG aint pleasant, we still dont know whats gonna happen do we? Every man and his dog 'knows' he's goin to Chelski but nothins out in the open, so that aint gonna be a way to make MO come back is it? Likewise MO comin back'd be too late if SG's decided to go!! No, spend the money we have on shorin up the back, do as Shanks did and close up the defence and have a solid base to build from.
IMO of course, for what it counts.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:43 pm

i have heard Raul maybe on his way to LFC in the summer transfer window

does anyone know the source of this rumour??
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Raul won't leave Real....he's got that club under his thumb
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:54 pm

I don't think we'll be seeing Owen back until he has a champions league medal. Whether thats with Real who knows. Maybe our lads will have them before him :D
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby kopite » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:22 pm

I would be class if we won the cl to show owen what he's missing going to Real . :D
kopite

Postby kopite » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:23 pm

I would be class if we won the cl to show owen what he's missing going to Real . :D
kopite

Postby banana » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:23 pm

kopite wrote:I would be class if we won the cl to show owen what he's missing going to Real . :D

You guys never stop.

* Nice to show Owen he was wrong by winning Cl. (who cares about what Owen think if we win CL?)
* Take him back, he is the best goalscorer (not true)
* We would have secured 4th by now if he was here (impossible to say)
* He has the best goals per minute ratio (if you play 5 minute, then score it is really impressive. one goal every 5 minutes)
* He would have scored +20 goals for us (he never scored more than 20 goals in the league, even in his best years)

STOP STOP STOP

I get sick by listening to this BS.

I thought the whole point in supporting a team was the TEAM.

TEAM
TEAM
TEAM

Why do some supporters worship the players instead of the TEAM? I do not know, and I pity them

Football is a team sport. Put 11 individuals out there and you lose.

And did not Owen leave the team last summer?
He never wanted to take part in the Rafalution. Let him sit on the bench for three more years in spain, and let him return to man city and sit on the bench there. Just like Mc Manaman.

Stop this insanity NOW. Support the TEAM. We have an important game tonight against Portsmouth.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Red Indian » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:30 pm

Well said Banana, i know it's a cliche but no one player is bigger than the team/club.  Our best results have been acheived as a TEAM this season and its appears to be the way Rafa wants it.  Under GH we relied too much on Owen and Stevie, lets hope those days are over
Red Indian

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:27 pm

Get a grip you pube.

People support the team, more so than you ever do.  All you do is moan, complain, act like a know it all and tell us how poor players are. You actually called Hyypia one of the poorest defenders in the league... Owen mediocre and a list of all other nonsenical cr*p.

They want whats best for the team by bringing an anfield legend who still has his best years ahead of him to come back and lead us to glory instead of wasting his immense talent sitting on the bench of a team that clearly doesn't appriciate him.
115-1073096938

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:34 pm

But banana its not like owen has played just 5 minutes and scored just 1 goal hes scored over 10 this seasn (i think hes scored more than baros has for us this season :p) and his goals to minutes ratio is the best in spain.  To top it off I read somewhere that over 80% of his strikes have been decisive (ie. earned victory or draw)

Wat say u now? ???
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion