Hyypia died today

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:58 pm

the keepers have cost us a lot more than the back four.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:00 am

banana wrote:Yes Hyypia played well last night. He scored a goal and did well for the most part. However I do not base my opinion on one single game. Hyypia is past his best and his weaknesses has costed us dearly this season. Have you forgotten his many blunders already? It is NOT a coincidence that he has been placed on the bench. Rafa will be looking for at least one, probably two new defenders in the summer. And Hyypia will be told that he is not in Benitez plans for the future. If Hyypia's performance last night increases his TRANSFER VALUE I'm happy.

Sticking with this one Banana old boy?

Or will you swallow your pride and admit Sami was a collossus over the two legs ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby YoungAdam » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:10 am

Second that Leon.
YoungAdam

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:32 pm

Hyypia has struggled this season and i think Rafa will be looking to replace him but i would keep him if he was happy to stay and fight for his place, he has given us good service and would probably not get us any worthwhile amount even if we sold him.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:45 pm

In fairness to Banana, he was and is by no means alone in his continued reservations about Sami. I have been amongst the doubters but without question his performance over the two legs was absolutely mountainous. Can he play this way regularly? who knows but if he can then call call off the dogs, the search for a top class centre back is over.
Only later will we discover whether Sami has been "dropped" or "rested" by Rafa last month. Either way it's hats off to the gaffa because the big man was the best central defender on view over the two legs, and considering the competition this is really saying something.
Last edited by bigmick on Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:45 pm

Yeah, totally ******. He died didn't he.

I mean, it was only away at Juventus against Del Piero, Ibrahimovic and Zambrotta we kept a clean sheet.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:53 pm

bigmick wrote:In fairness to Banana, he was and is by no means alone in his continued reservations about Sami. I have been amongst the doubters but without question his performance over the two legs was absolutely mountainous. Can he play this way regularly? who knows but if he can then call call off the dogs, the search for a top class centre back is over.
Only later will we discover whether Sami has been "dropped" or "rested" by Rafa last month. Either way it's hats off to the gaffa because the big man was the best central defender on view over the two legs, and considering the competition this is really saying something.

Well Bigmick. It is just as much about style and tactics as it is about quality. Hyypia is a very good defender if we play like we did last night. Juventus were forced to play long balls and they rarely challenged us on our soft spots. Also full credit to midfield for giving the back four maximum protection.

Last night came as no surprise. We played Houllier football, and Hyypia and the rest of the lads know how to do just that. Defend deep, give away no space, midfielders chase the opposition like mad dogs just in front of the box. And it paid off. It was exactly the right approach in a game like that. We had an advantage from the first leg and that was enough. We did not have to score and win (in contrast to most games)

BUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

We also know that Hyypia has his weaknesses. If we play a little  differently  and give away more space and push forward he often gets into trouble. That has been clear to the eye all season.In my opinion we should not go back to Houllier deep box defending home and away. This is not positive football. Last night was special, and I approve of playing anti football at stade del Alpi. But I do remember how boring we used to be under Houllier and how much problems we had even at home against poor teams like Sheffield United and Portsmouth.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion