Chelsea bottle it

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:50 pm

At 4-1 Chelsea could had been guaranteed a spot in the semi-finals but they bottled it in the very last seconds in the game by foulling Ballack and it finished 4-2, now Bayern could easily go through as Makaay[spelling] will be playing in the second leg.

If we get past Juventus I would definetly want Bayern instead of Chelsea.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:51 pm

Yeh bayern munich looked very ordinary great dive by Ballack :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:33 pm

Cheslea won't lose by 2 goals i just can't see it, they have been good away fom home all season , I hope I am wrong though.

Milan won 2-0, looks like they are through, and have to be favorites for me.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:06 am

Not sure they bottled anything AB although i was delighted to see Bayern nick the penalty at the end of the game. You have to admit it was a shocking dive by Ballack + i wouldn't say we bottled it when conceding that last minute goal to Leverkussen at Anfield a few weeks back. Thats just football.

Its hard to look to the semi-finals because we still have a massive task ahead but i would prefer Chelsea if we can get there. Bring em on - We've already lost to them 3 times this season and each time has left a sour taste in the mouth.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:34 am

Chelsea defender really made Ballack's goal easy, Ballack was wanting for any of Chelsea's defenders to touch him in order for him to dive and make it look like it was a penalty[without watching the replay].
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby addicted norwegian » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:07 pm

When BM is able two bag two at the Bridge, there most certainly can do it again in Munic. After all, Gooners left Germany with a 3-1 loss...
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:47 pm

The very small fine and the touch line ban were a p#ss take to start off with, but the fact that Whoreinio was so obviously communicating with the bench and UEFA say that they aren't even going to bother investigating it, just highlights the fact that they (UEFA) are a spineless organisation that only imposed the miniscule fine and ban to save face, and really they are scared of, or have been bought by, Abramovich.

The injustice is intolerable.

It was funny to see the Chelsea fans comments after the game though, where that one fan ran up to the camera and shouted "Chelsea are going to win everything!" Oh right, yeah, so your going to win the FA Cup then are you? Although with the way that UEFA are treating them, they will probably award the FA Cup to Chelsea after Newcastle have won it for some bullsh#t reason.

:angry:  :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HWIENIAWSKI » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:38 am

I hope that Bayern do what deportivo did to Milan last year. lost 4-1 away, and then beat Milan 4-0 at home! bloody incredible to beat Milan like that, and Milan were favorites that year as well. so it isn't impossible. but if we get by Juve, I would kind of like to play Chelsea-we deserved to beat them at least once this year, and if it weren't for Gerrard's unlucky own-goal, we would have. so they would probably be a bit overconfident, while our lads would be extremely motivated. but first we have Juve to beat....
Form is temporary.......Class is permanent

Juventus FC and Liverpool FC
HWIENIAWSKI

Postby dawson99 » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:36 am

chelsea moaning over penalty. crying wimps. cut to Lampard yellow card for diving

priceless.

And Duff? Good player, moaning kid tho. Dives more than any German player did that night.

I hate Chelski
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HWIENIAWSKI » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:57 pm

and we almost got Duff instead of Kewell :(
Form is temporary.......Class is permanent

Juventus FC and Liverpool FC
HWIENIAWSKI

Postby Dalglish » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:41 am

It's laughable that a am that contains those well known "Divers" Duff, Cole, Drogba, Lampard and Makerle have the gall to kick off in the press about diving !!!!!!!

You couldn;'t make it up !!!!!! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:00 pm

I wouldn't call a 4-2 home win "bottling it" even when the opposition's second goal came from a penalty in the last minute came from a blatent dive.

Bottling is is Newcatle in 1996 :D or England in a penlaty shoot out.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby the return of HAS » Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:53 pm

Bayern are one of the most diffucult teams to play on their own terf. And I would back them to beat Chelsea at their place.

But overall I think that they have left themselves too much too do.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion