Why we shouldnt be underdogs - Against juventus

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:48 am

LFC

almost a fantastic prediction.

and i dont wanna say i told u so (not u LFC)... but i did :)
we played the perfect first half, lets just repeat it next week!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:04 pm

dawson99 wrote:Juventus dont like pressure and they hate having to force the issue. This has been seen many times before and Juventus tend to sit back a lot more when playing away from home.
With the lvierpool fans in full flow liverpool should thrive on this sitting back juventus team and can rush forwards non stop.

Juventus also hate a physical game and nedved has already said that he doesnt like the look of playing a proper physcial game against liverpool.

Well observed Dawsino , it cetainly applied for the first half hour last night when we blitzed them .

The question now is how do we approach the second leg ? It was obvious last night that as we tired and Juve started to get their game together they were a real threat and will be even more so at home .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:29 pm

I think we have to approach the second leg looking to score. If we just sit back and defend Juve will embarras us. However if we play like we did in the first half we will get though the tie. Anyway I don't think Rafa will have us sitting back and just defending. Its not his style. We will need to press them and give them no time on the ball
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:30 pm

As long as we play a 4-4-4-4-3 we're laughing  :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:The question now is how do we approach the second leg? It was obvious last night that as we tired and Juve started to get their game together they were a real threat and will be even more so at home .

we can't go there to defend a lead that's for sure. do that and we'll get blitzed. i'm confident we will score. it's just a case of whether we can keep them out at the other end. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:24 pm

I'm sure Rafa will prepare the lads for all eventualities. Realistically we will HAVE to score. Not many on here would predict us keeping a clean sheet. Rafa I'm sure will make the players aware that should Juve go in front, nothing much has changed (apart from the obvious) and we still need to score a goal. Even if they go two up all is not lost, we need to score a goal.
It's going to be a nail-biter. I fancy them to score first and then the Italian mentality to take over and they defend defend defend and go for a 1-0. Dangerous game of course because if we equalize late on it's all over.
We just need a goal. Where's it going to come from? Stevie G with one of his Roy of the Rovers wonderstrikes I reckon.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion