Alonso to play on wednesday night against leeds

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:32 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:everyone seem to be praising alonso of his sheer quality when he did commit mistakes in reality. the game agaisnt boro, which we lost 2-0, i think it was their second goal when alonso's mishit pass ended up in a boro counter attack. dont get me wrong, im not suggesting that he shouldnt be chosen ahead of biscan.

next thing you'll be blaming Gerrard for losing the coin toss...wtf ??
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:36 am

agree Santa, where is the relevence in that statement? no player is perfect and hits every pass and shot perfectly, Alonso is sheer class, end of ****** story!
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:52 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:everyone seem to be praising alonso of his sheer quality when he did commit mistakes in reality. the game agaisnt boro, which we lost 2-0, i think it was their second goal when alonso's mishit pass ended up in a boro counter attack. dont get me wrong, im not suggesting that he shouldnt be chosen ahead of biscan.

Imo, Alonso has an, close to, unique view of the game. I believe that we haven`t had a player of his calibre, when it comes to "fotball-intelligence", since good old Jan Molby. I`m convinced that he will have great success at Anfield, and if he is fit to play in the finish of this campaign, I`m absolutely positive that he will make a great impact to the Liverpool-side. I can`t wait to see him play again    :love:  Judging players by one mistake seems a bit harsh to me, after all we`ve got plenty of reasons to praise i.e. Gerrard despite his own goal in the carling cup final, even if that mistake possibly cost us some silverware ???
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:14 am

Alonso is the best passer of a football in the Premiership by a distance in my view. He does incisive passing and simple, posession and flow keeping short passing equally well. You don't see floaty, knee high deliveries from Xabi. It's drilled at you, more often than not at your stronger foot if he's close enough to you.
The poster who likened him to Jan Molby is spot on. Molby probably carried a greater goal threat but Xabi is obviously more mobile than Jan ever was. His return is vital to us, a fantastic player. It's nice to pay big money for a bloke and then actually be able to see why you've had to dig so deep. A bit of a novelty infact for us these last few seasons.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 109-1093441336 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:19 pm

Of al our injured players Xavi's the one i miss most, can't wait to see his Molby style distribution on the pitch again.
109-1093441336

Postby Sean » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:03 pm

Having seen Alonzo play earlier in the year I wouldn't consider the money we paid for him as being big.  Lesser midfielders have cost double (e.g. Beckham) and treble (e.g. Veron) what we paid for him.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:29 pm

Real were interested in Alonso and i bet within 3 seasons they will come sniffing around for him...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:14 pm

we reali miss his passing, perhaps the best passer of long balls in liverpool, let the wingers space to run havoc, and when that happens, the midfield will be open, that is when garrard comes into play.. so vital...
Alonso_Rulz

Postby dawson99 » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:20 pm

alonos is deal of the season. we saw when he was fit how good he was and how important his passing was. cant wait for him to get back
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gerrardisgod » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:49 pm

alonso back for juventus 2nd leg will be excellent
aloso gerrard gacria and riise midfeild

wahay
gerrardisgod

Postby kopite » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:17 pm

This is the team i would have for the second leg

Dudek

Finnan               Carra              Hyypia               Traore

Biscan

Garcia               Alonso                 Gerrard           Riise

Baros  :;):
kopite

Postby simic_ie » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:35 pm

More than likely if Alonso was to make it back it'd be something like

Dudek
Finnan         Carra              Sami         Traore

Alonso             Biscan

Garcia                    Gerrard                Risse

Baros

Xabi does better picking the ball up from defense and spreading the play from there.... Stevie is better pushed further forward with less defensive responsibilities
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion