Petition for g.h.s resignation - The only way

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby columbia » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:14 pm

yes the premiership is that much better now. Not just the top teams, the lower teams have much better players now then they did before imo. Its become a harder league also the players are a lot fitter now then they were and really now any side between places 10 - 4 could get a spot in europe and 3 or 4 of them could push for 4th place.

Houllier was almost there a couple of seasons ago. 82 points and finishing above united was a great achievement. Has the team really changed that much in one and a half seasons? If we make 3 good signings in the summer and the majority of players stay fit next season, whats to say we cant win it?
columbia

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:18 pm

We have taken 5 points from 9 and everything's fixed?!?!?!?!?! We moved into fourth because the teams above us are as inconsistent as we are, not because we've made huge improvements

Where are all the realists today - JBG, Greenred, Big Al??
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:23 pm

no one ever said we'd made huge improvements, infact quite the opposite. playing for 4th before christmas is a disgrace to the name of liverpool football club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby columbia » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:29 pm

no its not. I am a realist thats why i think going for 4th is the best option. Then i think we can and will build on that next season.
columbia

Postby stmichael » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:35 pm

i wouldn't moan about being fourth if we were within a couple of points of the top 3 instead of 17 or whatever it is.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby columbia » Thu Feb 12, 2004 6:36 pm

yeh but weve had injuries, we wouldnt be so many points behind them if it wernt for them. That is undisputable.
columbia

Postby azriahmad » Thu Feb 12, 2004 9:06 pm

Injuries or no injuries, we have been too inconsistent over the past couple of seasons to be a serious title contender. Until and unless Liverpool find more consistency, we will remain on the fringes, if we are lucky, or will be in for a real scrap for 4th place and Champions' League football like this season.
It is sad to see that Liverpool is in a real scrap with the likes of Charlton for 4th place from Christmas...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Thu Feb 12, 2004 11:35 pm

I understand how they feel about it, so I felt same as them cos 3rd place and 4th place are not good enough for us, we have been waiting for long time, to be honeslty with you.

We have been waiting for long time since last championship, which is really long time.
Most of Liverpool fans want Premier League Champion, that's big aim to them. I understand how they are frustrated about it. I feel same but I don't agree about petition so it is up to Chairman to decide to keep him or get rid of him.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:26 pm

columbia wrote:yeh but weve had injuries, we wouldnt be so many points behind them if it wernt for them. That is undisputable.

Conjectures are very disputable, we've only taken 5 points from the last 9 which is about standard for Houllier
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:45 pm

yeh but its the first time all our best players have played together, give them all time to gell and watch the results improve
columbia

Postby Owzat » Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:49 pm

speculation and excuses - are you Houllier in disguise? I remember him saying almost exactly the same thing this season
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:33 pm

and its true so give him a chance!
columbia

Postby stmichael » Fri Feb 13, 2004 5:36 pm

every team gets injuries. its just that the majority of our backup just can't cut it, simple as that.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion