Steven gerrard - New position

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:56 pm

I don't know what all this talk is about Cisse playing on the right, Viera left wing and Henry as a full back!

All I was saying is that with our current injury predicament and regular inability to brake team downs and impose ourselves on defences, it might be an idea to give our most naturally gifted attacking player a position that gives him the freedom to get forward more.

I just think that we don't have many players in the team who can take on defenders in 1 on 1 situations but Gerrard is one of those and I think that he could be better utilised in a more attacking role, especially with all our injuries.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:08 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Then we play Riise at left midfield and Warnock at left back. Sorted.

What is it with people inventing problems??

Youu can only play one pplayer in each position anyway.

Inventing problems ?

You think Nunez is the answer on the right fair enough .Maybe some of us don't .
IMO Nunez has been nothing more than mediocre , thats not to suggest we get rid of the fella but he'd never be my first choice for right mid.

As for the left side ,I think Riise with Warnock behind him have been excellent ,

Without buying more players but with everyone fit I'd be tempted to give this a go

.                                   Dudek

.     Finnan       Carragher           Hypia           Warnock

.      Cisse         Alonso               Gerrard         Riise

.                         Garcia          Morientes

subs .
Carson
Pellegrino
Kewell
Haman
Baros

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby the return of HAS » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 pm

Many people think that Riise is a long term fixture at left midfield. But I think we need some who is a bit more techincally gifted who can pass the ball well.

Imagine Riise playing at left back booming down the left and a new left winger aswell.
Last edited by the return of HAS on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:21 pm

as well as riise has done at left midfield this season, people need to realise this.

HE IS A LEFT BACK

and those who think his defending is still a bit suspect should look back to the man city game earlier in the season when he marked wright-phillips out of the game completely.

look at ashley cole. he does his fair share of defensive work but is alway available and bombing forward at the same time. riise is well capable of doing the same, as he proved in his first full season.
Last edited by stmichael on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby taff » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:22 pm

Yes I agree with that. I think HK has lost the plot and wuld like to see a new left sided winger.  Warnock is well impressive as well so that side looks pretty good 

Im not totally convinced about Finnan either to be honest.  Leon has a point about Nunez but Id prefer a better right back to link with him
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:18 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Then we play Riise at left midfield and Warnock at left back. Sorted.

What is it with people inventing problems??

Youu can only play one pplayer in each position anyway.

Inventing problems ?

You think Nunez is the answer on the right fair enough .Maybe some of us don't .
IMO Nunez has been nothing more than mediocre , thats not to suggest we get rid of the fella but he'd never be my first choice for right mid.

As for the left side ,I think Riise with Warnock behind him have been excellent ,

Without buying more players but with everyone fit I'd be tempted to give this a go

.                                   Dudek

.     Finnan       Carragher           Hypia           Warnock

.      Cisse         Alonso               Gerrard         Riise

.                         Garcia          Morientes

subs .
Carson
Pellegrino
Kewell
Haman
Baros

i`d agree with that side, maybe baros for garcia.
if we would have had that side all season i`m convinced we would have given chelsea a run for their money.
even before morientes signed we gave arsenal and chelsea a footballing lesson at home and that was without cisse as well.
thats the sickener, we`ve actually got a potentially great side at the club its just getting them all on the field and injury free for a sustained period.
i just hope gerrard doesnt ****** off and ****** up a great side in the making.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolFan00 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:36 am

I don't think Nunez is the answer on the right. He is nothing more than an average player. As for FInnan I think he has played alright this season and don't see him as a problem (Could be biased cos he's an irish international) Ithink we need a new right winger. I agree Cisse could do a job but think we would be better with a player who feels that it is their natural position
Some people think football is a matter of life or death but it's far more important than that. - Bill Shankley

A Well Balanced Soccer Player Has A Beer In Each Hand!
LiverpoolFan00
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:45 pm

Agree that playing wide right is not Cisse's natural position .The reason I'd like to "experiment" with him there is purely because of his pace (provided he retains it ) and the fact that in the little we saw of him before his injury he didn't seem to be getting a lot of joy playing up the middle .He's capable of pushing the ball past a player and given space to run into there's few that could catch him.
If he could adapt to playing wide on the right the way Riise has to playing wide on the left,and with Morientes plus another pushing into the box we would scare the shi'te out of most defences .

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion