Milan baros - Kop hero?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFCFan4Life » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:57 am

Luis Garcia is new to this club yet he's scored 8 goals in his first season which is impressive for a player in a new league and a player who has had troubles adapting.

He's scored the same amount of goals in the Premiership [5] as Steven Gerrard and has scored more goals in his first season thus far than Robert Pires did in his first for Arsenal.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby JohnnyAldridge fan » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:07 am

hawkmoon said it best, milan has plenty of potential but I  dunno if his heart is with the club,a;; those rumours with barca last august reallly stink!( my own opnion)
JohnnyAldridge fan

Postby wee_boi888 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:24 am

I find it funny how Baros will suddenly become the third choice striker once Cisse is back. If my memory is correct Cisse didn't have much of a good start to the premiership (I don't have the stats to back it up, but if anyone does, it would help). Im all for Cisse to be chucked into the first team once hes back, but it will still be a tight tussle between the two. Niether will be guaranteed a spot in the first team. I also think there were a few doubters of Cisse coming to grips with the physical aspect of the premiership either before his injury...

I guess what I'm saying Cisse hasnt been a huge loss to the extent as some people say. A big loss yes, but he isnt part of the backbone as of yet. Niether is Baros if he leaves, SPG can cover well for Baros in my oppinion especially if we get the service they need.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:53 am

When Baros won the Golden Boot Houllier said it was due to his injury that he had had. It makes sense. He was injured for months so he was rested and then he sat the bench for most of the remaining season. When Euro 2004 started he was fresh and he had a point to prove playing against players that were at the end of a long season. Does not mean he is the best striker in Europe (but rather best striker in that tournament). His selfishness is fustrating to watch and I would rather have more of a team player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Macgregor » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:04 am

Sell as soon as the price is right. Not a team player, big ego and just plain not good enough !!
Red Macgregor

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion