Tristan and cisse - Are they coming

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Puddy Heskey » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:41 pm

Could someone please tellme are any of the diego tristan loan rumours true or is it sh##e as usual.And why did cisse not come in the transfer window and is he coming at all.And finally why in the name of god did houlier not sell or buy someone in the god damn transfer window.Were hardly that strapped for cash are we.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Scottbot » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:00 pm

We were linked with a loan deal for Tristan which would have surely suited us down to the ground with the mixture of injuries and Heskey we have at the club. I'm a big fan of Tristan even if he is a bit of an Anelka style brat. Shame it didn't happen...
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:15 pm

I think the Tristan story was the result of bored newspapers looking for a headline.

Cisse and Auxerre both say that the French forward will sign for Liverpool in the summer for around £14million, and while Liverpool have denied that a deal has been signed, Houllier has hinted that all the parties have shook hands on the matter.

It would appear that Cisse will certainly come if Houllier stays in charge, although it remains to be seen whether this will be the case if a new manager comes in, despite the fact that Cisse insists he'll arrive at Anfield in the summer regardless of Houllier's position.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby kopper » Tue Feb 10, 2004 6:38 pm

I think we didn't sign anyone in the transfer window cos of the Ziege issue. They claiming 10 mill.
Interviewer:       'Would it be fair to describe you as a volatile player?'
David Beckham: 'Well, I can play in the centre on the right and occasionally on the left side.' (Man U)
kopper
LFC Super Member

Postby DAV » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:41 pm

we didnt sign anyone coz houlier couldnt find any more s##t in france to bring in.
we didnt sell anyone coz no one wants any of our s##t.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:58 pm

I think we didn't sign anyone in the transfer window cos of the Ziege issue. They claiming 10 mill.

I thought it was more than that. But the reasoning is correct at least... unlike...

we didnt sign anyone coz houlier couldnt find any more s##t in france to bring in.
we didnt sell anyone coz no one wants any of our s##t.

You always get one don't you.
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:03 pm

The reason why Houllier didn't want any new players, because he said "I am happy of my squads", something wrong with his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:06 pm

The reason why Houllier didn't want any new players, because he said "I am happy of my squads", something wrong with his mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh right and the fact that we could lose this case over Zeige costing us our entire tansfer budget (At the moment) has nothing to do with it.

Common sense ay? What do you expect him to say?

Yeah i want to bring in Cisse now because the squad isn't strong enough to get into the champions league... but i fear we could lose the money from the Christian Zeige case... that would surely please the squad and the fans. :)
115-1073096938

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:17 pm

Yeah, Stu. I am little bit of worry about claim from Middlesbrough, we might lose 10m, is that right?

Hopefully we will reach to the CL, we can get more money to spend new players this summer, let's finger crossed!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:34 pm

its about 12 million we could lose if they get there way.

They are claiming loss of league placings, loss of potential champions league place, loss of 2 million of his transfer value (which is fair enough), loss of gate receipts and loss of merchandising (which is also fair enough) and loss of there most influencial player (which is probably fair enough.

Imo... if it was illegal... i'd say three million would be fair as he probably was worth £7.5m at the time of the transfer, and that would cover merchandising etc. But not these stupid amounts which they are claiming.

Knowing the way the world works though and because its Liverpool FC the "theiving scousers" they'll punish us ruthlessly and will probably get in excess of £12m.

Hopefully it will get thrown out.
115-1073096938

Postby columbia » Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:48 pm

loss of a potential champions league place? oh come on, theyd never of got in the champions league. Some of the claims there making are fair enough but that claim is rediculous.

I also think that houllier didnt buy anyone in the window because he wants to show his squad he has full faith in them. Theyve now got to repay him, which i think they will do.
columbia

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:55 pm

The Tristan rumor was never taken seriously by most, Houllier would never get a player like that.

Cisse will be here in July.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:00 pm

I have my doubts as to the validity of the Ziege claim. It is an unprecedented case and as far as I knew Boro failed in their first claim against Liverpool last year in the High Court.

It could be a factor though in Pool's thinking though, it certainly makes good business sense to tighten our belts if such a case is ongoing.

However, even if Boro were to win (extremely unlikely) then they will be lucky to get £1-3million in damages (and maybe another £1million in costs) and nothing like the £10-12million they are looking for.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:20 pm

I thought Liverpool had been found guilty of an illegal approach?!?!?!?! Ziege is a decent player but I would not rate him worth any more than £7m absolute tops and as for Middlesboro finishing in a CL place - LMFAO. Middlesboro are very average, have NEVER won a significant trophy and never look like managing a UEFA Cup place. Does anyone know for sure if Middlesboro have ever been in the UEFA Cup, it would have to be through the league?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion