Baros about to leave? - Surely not...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Chrissy » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:26 pm

BAROS TO...?
Fiorentina are determined to succeed in signing unsettled Liverpool striker Milan Baros, after reportedly almost capturing him on loan in January. Baros is unhappy at being benched for the Carling Cup final and may look for regular football elsewhere. Palermo are also keen on the Czech Republic international. 

The funny thing the headline on the home page was "Baros to a good club"
???
Chrissy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:07 pm

If Baros is going to behave like a spoilt child every time he's on the bench then good riddance to him. Not sure if he'll go, personally I don't think he will in the summer, maybe January '06 window if he does decide to go
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:28 pm

Fiorentina don't have the money to buy Baros.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:22 am

IF Baros left it would be to a bigger club, like Barcelona.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:29 pm

I think we should do whatever to hold on to him as he is young and has a bright future.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:57 am

Palermo confirm interest in Liverpool striker.
By European Football - March 7 2005

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has stated publicly that his club are interested in signing Liverpool striker Milan Baros, in the summer. It had been speculated in the Italian press, that a move for Baros could be on the cards for Palermo.

"We will monitor the situation," said Zamparini. "When a player of this quality becomes available, we will of course be interested.

"There has been no contact but should the situation remain the same, then we will contact Liverpool."

Baros, who struggled in Liverpool’s defeat to Newcastle at the weekend, has never entirely seemed comfortable in the premiership and it is rumoured would welcome a chance to move abroad to prove himself.

The player has extraordinary talent, but so often fails to deliver. It could be simply that Liverpool do not play a system that uses Baros’ strengths, or it could be he is simply not suited to English football, either way a number of Liverpool fans are starting to become impatient with the player, so a move away could be best for all concerned.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:04 am

Like wooly said, it was only a spoilt child's whining. He demands to be an untouchable player upfront, but if that's the only reason for his pretension, then which big club can guarantee it?
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:52 am

XSD wrote:IF Baros left it would be to a bigger club, like Barcelona.

He'd be so lucky !!!!!  ???

So I suppose he believes that he could get a more regualar start at Barca than he currently does at Liverpool does he !!  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:10 am

he wouldn't have much hope of staring with the way Barca plays.

they tend to have only one striker and two attacking midfielders in Ronaldinho and Giuly playing off them. No way is Baros better than Eto'o, there is laso the lieks of Larsson and that young fella Maxi Lopez.

Would he start at Milan? Crespo, Inzaghi and Sheva
Would he start at Inter? Adriano, Vieri, Martins
Would he start at Juve? Ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Trezuguet

he wouldn't start with Real Madrid, ManU, Arsenal or Chelsea either, so if Baros wants to be starting week in week out he is going to have to go to a smaller club than Liverpool IMO.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:44 am

Yeah he really only has to look at the Michael Owen situation at Real Madrid who despite his excellent scoring record in comparions to minutes on the field. Yet has probably spent more time on real bench in one season then he did during his entire Liverpool career
Though i guess if he didnt have a prima donna wail about it, he may get kicked out for the forward's union  :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:04 am

Baros will have to keep on dreamin if he thinks hes going to Barca :D
If he played week in week out like he did in the euros maybe, but he doesnt, and talk about diving I am ashamed of the amount of times he dived at the newcastle game, to name just one. He was on the deck more than he was standing, I hate that. :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:58 pm

I have been away a bit (to Japan amongst other places), but looking at what Barca have in Eto'o and a good sub in Maxi Lopez, and very ably supported by the likes of Deco, Giuly, Xavi and the amazing Ronaldinho, Baros will not be a strong addition and does not have the speed, touch and industry of Eto'o. Why would they want him?
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gaz31 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:44 am

no way!!! he's staying !!!!!!  :upside:
When you get the ball, I want you to beat a couple of men and smash the ball into the net, just the same way you used to at Bury," said Shankly. Lindsay replied: "But Boss that wasn't me, it was Bobby Kerr." Shankly turned to Bob Paisley and said: "Christ Bob, we've signed the wrong player."
gaz31
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion