If i ever get in a baroom fight - I don't want you fkers with me .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:58 pm

I thought we gave everything today but it still was not enough to defeat Chelsea. If it was our intention to contain them it did not work as they had all the ball and came at us over and over. Dudek kept us level. On the flipside, I doubt we could have attacked them in numbers without being damaged on the counter. We gave it our best shot but they just have too much for the current Liverpool team.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby XSD » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:54 am

Wouldn't want to be in Liverpool with a Chelsea shirt on right now though :D
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:11 am

I agree with most of what's said above. We showed a lot of effort and came close but in the end we were beaten by a better team. On another day, if luck had gone our way we could have won. It may had been different if we'd been awarded one of the most clear cut penalties I've ever seen.

Remember we put two goals past Chelsea which is something that hasn't been done very often. And look at the quality in their team. They have a fantastic back five, a quality midfield and a strong centre forward.

Also Dudek was superb for most of the match and made several good stops - he felt like safe hands today. Our own defence looked more solid today than it has in a while as well. Until the OG they had very few clear-cut chances - given their possession we should be happy about that.

Stevie didn't stand out today, none of the driving runs we saw in the first half of the season but it was clear he was playing in a holding role with Hamaan. Biscan was the one who was supposed to push forward. Can't understand why he wasn't more involved in extra time when he should have been fresher than most.

It hurts like hell at the minute but we could have done worse today.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liamac » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:17 am

Well written about the 200million pound team taking 79minutes to score a goal , then again they didnt score it . Yes for a long period of the second half they were all over us , but then again we deserved that penalty ,but as usual it was denied to us.
What really p!ssed me off was Lampard  again , the way he tackled Garcia from behind .....kinda reminds me off the way he tackled Alonso . The media in London call him the star of the english midfield !!!!  the bloke is a dirty player end of.
The team made us proud today , gutted we lost of course  i am , the same as all of you, but the way we played  made me proud to be a Liverpool supporter
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby haps » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:31 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:My girlfriend just been on the blower to her Mother and her Mother has apparently sent me this message.

"Cheer up John, it's only a game.............."

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Aah! Bless her!  Mind you, I'd f*****g hate to be that ignorant.  No offence to yer bint's old lady.
haps

Postby Paul C » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:36 pm

I felt proud of the lads yesterday, even Garcia ran his socks off and tackled, Gerrard didn't exactly play out of his socks in the second half.

Woof, I'd be the one starting the fight ya big kn0b :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:48 pm

fivecups wrote:Remember we put two goals past Chelsea which is something that hasn't been done very often.

yeah, by most people's logic on here, this means that peter cech is not comitted to chelsea anymore and is obviously off to liverpool at the end of the season.

:D  :laugh:  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:51 pm

stmichael wrote:
fivecups wrote:Remember we put two goals past Chelsea which is something that hasn't been done very often.

hey, sg goal was brilliant one too  :p
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lfclfclfc » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:42 am

we did look overwhelmed and vulnerable at times. chelski was a bit all over us and i think we allowed them to do so. Perhaps the riise goal was came too early and we started defending too deep   ??? a.b. was right mentioning that we did outplay them at anfield. we were at least on par but lost in the end at stanford bridge too. it shows that we do have the quality in our ranks to match the top teams, but the question is still our consistency, and perhaps the mentality of some players.  :( i agree that we need to strengthen some areas, but it is not the overhaul some were suggesting (we do not need to send 20 players packing and do it all over again - been there, done that!
lfclfclfc

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion