Hamann admits he could leave

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:34 pm

It's probably far from truth, but i would be very unhappy if he leaves too soon.

Liverpool ace admits he could leave Anfield in the summer
#412159 - 24/02/2005 11:22
Reply to this post Reply

Liverpool midfielder Didi Hamann has admitted that he's still undecided about his future.

Hamann has several offers on the table and a return home is an option but he's a popular face around the city and he loves the area, especially the upmarket restaurants and clubs where you'll often find him mixing with his friends.

Liverpool have finally found sense and have offered him a short extension to his current deal but there's still time for one more lucrative deal from another club before hanging up his boots.

Hamann said: "I know about the interest from Bundesliga clubs and it is an interesting thought that I could be playing in Germany again next season.

"That is a decision that still has to be made. There have been several offers and I haven't made up my mind yet."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:48 pm

:(  :(  :( I know I read this today it will be sad if he leaves, I love him I think hes a great player for us, and if he leaves we will really miss him.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:55 pm

I think he has a max of 1 season left in him at a high level. If SG stays then SG and Alonso will be the central midfield so I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

He has been good but I don't think he should be starting next season. Played a good game on Tuesday though.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingofthegreen » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:18 pm

Sad to see Hamman go, but maybe its for the best....Its time we added new blood to the LFC midfield! I know we have alonso, but he aint played a great deal before gettin injured so it maybe good timing for new partnerships to be struck when alonso's back full time!

Image  Image
kingofthegreen

Postby hawkmoon269 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:21 pm

That and the fact that he and Owen were best mates.......
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:49 pm

I was wondering if he could stay until in turn being one of our coaches
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hotrod » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:03 pm

Hamman is a fanstastic player on my mind one of the most underated players in the premiership aloung with Carragher. We don t want to loose him even if Stevie stays he and alonso will not be able to play every game nxt season with F.A cup and carling cup and all that i would keep him seeing as he is atm still better than biscan
"GUYVER"
Hotrod

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:20 pm

Lets see if we can pick up any of those Valencia midfielders now Ranieri has gone.  I don't care if they are all Spaniards.  Rafa made those boys one helluva fu**ing team who were hard to beat and with hardly any weaknesses.

It's worth at least a look. :)
Last edited by jonnymac1979 on Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonnymac1979

Postby Paul C » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:09 pm

hawkmoon269 wrote:That and the fact that he and Owen were best mates.......

Yeah their golfin partners, he went for a round with Owen at Crimbo when MO was back 'home'
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:14 pm

I've read Owens book, Owen said Didi was his best mate at the club.  Oh, and Carragher.
jonnymac1979

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:24 pm

i doubt it cos he was advisind stevie to leave so he'd be sure of a place
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:22 pm

Pfft on LFC.tv today Hamann said that he wants to stay and that he has already told that to Benitez.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby kazza » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:08 pm

I think Hamann is a world class player (at his job of the holding role). Those kind of players never seem to get the respect they deserve from the fans but they get that level of respect from their team mates. Hamann has always been a true professional and an example to younger players. I would like to see him at the club next year.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:11 pm

Every year the media says that Hamann will leave at the end of the season and it's getting quite annoying.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:00 pm

The media start these rumours cuz it sells papers, Hamann was on Sky fridy sayin he wants to sign after the CCF and the CL return. You jus gotta decide for yourself who you believe. I guess we'll see soon enough what he wants to do, but I hope he stays.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion