"i can live with the pressure"

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:44 pm

Great spirit by the boss, really proud that we have a manager such as Benitez.
---------------------------------
Rafael Benitez accepts his incredible success in Spain with Valencia has put him under immediate pressure to succeed at Anfield.
Benitez arrived at Liverpool in the summer having led Valencia to two league titles and one UEFA Cup success in the last three seasons.

Despite the job he has on his hands to turn around the fortunes of the Reds, the boss knows people will be looking at his record in Spain and expect instant results here.

"When I arrived in Valencia, people said he is not a famous manager. Here I arrived with two leagues and one UEFA Cup, a lot of trophies, and then it was different," said Benitez.

"The first year at Valencia was not good enough but after three years we had the best statistics in the club's history, and I would like to do the same here."

Benitez came under fire from the media for the first time last month when Liverpool lost three games in a row, but he believes the players have emerged from that bad patch and can now look forward with confidence.

He said: "I have had situations like this before in Spain. When you win, people pat you on the back. If you lose, a lot of people are around you talking about you.

"It's easy to talk. I prefer to work hard and concentrate on what we're doing."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:55 pm

Well it's nice to see him being realistic AND optomistic. It's refreshing after listening to certain individuals on this site telling us how we're now rubbish and that Bnitez was a mistake. I think we got the best manager around, and for our needs in rebuilding and recapturing, he's better than Mourinho. It's also good to know that he is keeping tabs on what the fans are saying and choosing to acknowledge it, rather than being deaf like other managers, such as Houllier. And he is showing the right attitude in working, rather than letting words get in the way of completing the task at hand. Nice one Rafa.

Viva La Rafa-Lution :)
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion