Fernandos' new shirt - Number ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:11 am

20 will be the number... i supposed
Alonso_Rulz

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:22 pm

lfc.tv confirms that morientes will be number 19. Previous Anfield occupants of this squad number include Torben Piechnik, Mark Kennedy and Brad Friedel which hardly inspires confidence. :(  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Adebisi » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:59 pm

Why did poor Baros end up with number 5 ???
Adebisi

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:07 pm

Its na na na na 19!!!

LFC TV>>>

Fernando Morientes today set his sights on an Anfield debut against Manchester United and declared: "I can't wait to get started." 
The 28 year old striker trained for the first time with his new team-mates at Melwood this morning and could be in line for a mouthwatering first appearance against United tomorrow.

Morientes, who has been allocated squad number 19 at Anfield, has penned a three and a half year deal on Merseyside and admits he now can't wait to get his new life in English football up and running.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Santa » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:24 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Its na na na na 19!!!

Yeah...but who sang that?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SALTROCK67 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:09 pm

Paul Hardcastle :p  :p  :p
SALTROCK67

Postby stmichael » Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:11 pm

SALTROCK67 wrote:Paul Hardcastle :p  :p  :p

on that note i'll get ya coat :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby policy » Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:38 am

I am a "yank" and I think that Bush is awesome. But 48% of America disagrees with me.
Sir Winston would be proud of Bush. (Read his views of Hitler before WW2 and you will know what I mean). He (Sir Winston) took a lot of abuse even though history has proven him to be one of the greatest leaders in modern history. When Sir Winston stood on his principled views, he was reviled and it cost him reelection.

I know that most uninformed and envious people find him quite repulsive, but he is taking on the greatest domestic reform policy pretty much in the history of the US, while fighting this war on terror.

I know that people hate him thinking that the alternative is "peace", but as Jefferson said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Going back to the main topic, Nando is the most exciting thing to happen to Liverpool this season (aside from Stevie G). Number 19 is going to kick some monster a$$.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby wee_boi888 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:05 am

Only thing i liked about those comments policy is that Moro will kick a$$ and that you got stewi (spelling?) as an icon.

My school had an award for graduation night "The George Bush Award - for dumbest person with too much power" it went to my school cap'n hehehe. Well..that sums up my thoughts on George Dubya as well as the majority of my school.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:26 am

policy wrote:I am a "yank" and I think that Bush is awesome. But 48% of America disagrees with me.
Sir Winston would be proud of Bush. (Read his views of Hitler before WW2 and you will know what I mean). He (Sir Winston) took a lot of abuse even though history has proven him to be one of the greatest leaders in modern history. When Sir Winston stood on his principled views, he was reviled and it cost him reelection.

I know that most uninformed and envious people find him quite repulsive, but he is taking on the greatest domestic reform policy pretty much in the history of the US, while fighting this war on terror.

I know that people hate him thinking that the alternative is "peace", but as Jefferson said, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

Going back to the main topic, Nando is the most exciting thing to happen to Liverpool this season (aside from Stevie G). Number 19 is going to kick some monster a$$.

what the hell are you coming on here for - on a LFC forum - and spouting sh!t about one of the most f*cked up, power crazy, dangerous, hateful piles of sh!t the world has ever seen?

f*ck off  :angry:

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:48 am

and back on a more positive note....

this is a mood lifting article if ever i saw one. check out the debut scoring stats people...

Morientes message of hope

Dominic Fifield
Saturday January 15, 2005
The Guardian

Rafael Benítez might have been forgiven for assuming his week could not be improved but a statement uttered by the latest español to migrate to Merseyside will surely have brightened his mood yet further. "Steven Gerrard is a figurehead at this club," Fernando Morientes said at Anfield via an interpreter. "I'm going to learn English as quickly as possible so I can tell him to stay."

Liverpool enter this afternoon's fiercely anticipated contest with Manchester United buoyed by more than just another multimillion-pound signing. There is a sense that Morientes's arrival - after weeks of negotiations and with interest from Newcastle, Monaco and Lyon deflected - represents the turning of the tide. This is a sign of renewed ambition which could yet persuade Gerrard that his future lies in these parts.

The Spanish striker was settling in to new surroundings yesterday, the glitz of Real Madrid long gone as he sauntered through the drizzle of his first training session with his new team-mates at Melwood. Short of match fitness he may be, having long been reduced to a bit-part role at the Bernabéu, but Benítez will turn to him against United this lunchtime, not least to exploit the 28-year-old's remarkable record as a scoring debutant.

Liverpool are the fifth club of his career and he has plundered on his first appearances for Albacete, Real Zaragoza, Real Madrid and Monaco. There were also debut goals for the Spanish Under-18s and Under-20s, with a brace in the opening five minutes of his first senior cap against Sweden six years ago.

"Those are the goals I most cherish, but to score against United would equal that feeling," he said. "I know this is a massive game for Liverpool as a club, a match which is right up there with Real Madrid against Barcelona.

"It would be the perfect game with which to start. From the first moment I found out that Liverpool were interested in me, this was always going to be the club I wanted to join. This was an easy decision."

Others are grateful. "It's exactly the kind of signing we need," said Gerrard. "If you ask any of the fans about the calibre of player they want us to be bringing to the club, he would be it. I feel the same way. You know you're not taking a risk. It's good from a symbolic point of view that we've signed someone who's so renowned as a world-class player. I just hope, after all the success he's had and trophies he's won, he's as hungry to do the same for us."

Morientes's reputation precedes him. He was squeezed out of Madrid by politics rather than any lack of ability, his place usurped by the galácticos under Florentino Pérez's presidency. "With his policy it was difficult to get into the line-up," he said. "You can just sit back and accept it but I'm not like that. If the team is victorious, I want to go home happy. If the team loses then I want to feel disappointed with them. You have to experience the joy and the despair of being involved rather than just sitting on the bench on the outside looking in.

"Every day the whole world is on top of you at Real. It's so intense. But here you are at an equally big club but you can get on with the football. I'm aware of the status Liverpool have, and the fact that they're always up there challenging for honours and competing to get into the Champions League was so important."

Benítez had first attempted to sign Morientes as part of the deal that took Michael Owen to Real last August, only for the player to pledge his future to the then coach José Camacho. The latter's departure consigned Morientes back to the wilderness, with contact between Liverpool and his agent Ginés Carvajal resuming in December. Even so, only prolonged negotiations persuaded Real to accept £6.3m for the forward, with his other suitors prepared to pay more.

"I spoke to Jamie Carragher the other day and he was like 'Is he coming? Is he coming?'" said Owen. "He was obviously anxious to get another top-class player in. They have bought [Xabi] Alonso already and now Morientes, a couple of world-class players, and if they get a couple more they will be back in their rightful position, challenging for the Premiership." Liverpool, and Morientes, will be hoping that much.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:38 pm

Bush's administration refused to sign the Kyoto treaty on atmospheric pollution. His country pollutes the atmosphere with more greenhouse gases than the rest of the world put together. A*sehole.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:05 pm

I dont care that Morientes gets number 19 THIS season, if he proves to be half the signin he could be, he needs the number 7 next season and put some class back inside that particular shirt.
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion