Got to admire rafa! - Very good with transfers!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Alonso_Rulz » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:30 am

i agree.. he wants an experienced goalkeeper.. i realli think cudicini will be a great buy.. will not be too expensive though.. for us fans out here.. we just have to put our faith and wait..
Alonso_Rulz

Postby Alanay » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:53 am

I would say Josemi played quite well in the first 3-4 games. Then only he started to degrade.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:54 am

Paul C wrote:
ICE-MAN wrote:being realistic who would u like to see get signed by rafa?

have to admit morientes would still be my first choice hes a proven goalscorer and winner! :cool:

hope we sign at least another two players after pellegrino, but i cant see two more strikers come in :cool:

I'd like to see Morientes, Cudicini and Aimar at Anfield  :)  :cool:

Cudicini

Finnan    Carra           Hyypia     Riise/Warnock

Garcia / Nunez          Gerrard        Kewell/Riise
                              Aimar

Baros                Morientes

Doesn`t look too bad does it?
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wee_boi888 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:12 am

Dudek hasn't done much wrong since he replaced Kirky again...by buying cudicini, what is that signalling to him? another bad patch due to no confidence...?

I'm still not sure over a new keeper, but im not totally against it either...still gotta make up my mind with that.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:33 am

GK will not be the most important gap for us to fill right now, but generally agreed with most of the posters here. Not all signings will turned out to be a gem from day 1 but overall, his sigining and the process he goes about signing players are very smart and well calculated unlike "you-know-who".

...new Real Madrid boss Wanderley Luxemburgo insisted he does not want to sell Morientes to a 'rival club' like Liverpool.

I think he refer to us as "enemy club" and not merely "rival club"
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:44 am

Santa wrote:GK will not be the most important gap for us to fill right now, but generally agreed with most of the posters here. Not all signings will turned out to be a gem from day 1 but overall, his sigining and the process he goes about signing players are very smart and well calculated unlike "you-know-who".

When speaking of signings made by "you-know-who", just read on the skysport website, that Sam Allardyce think Liverpool will have to let Diouf leave on a free transfer this summer, because he can`t see that anyone but Bolton would be interested in signing him.. That would be a well spent £10M   :angry:

I agree with you that bringing in a new GK shouldn`t have top priority. Cudicini is still under a long term contract at the Bridge (until 2008?) so we probably can`t afford him until Jan 2007 anyways... I though that there are others who can become a decent cover for Dudek/Kirkland though. Hislop i.e., his contract expires this summer. Maybe not as good as Cudicini, but better than Carrol :p  and less in medical bills than Kirkland..
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion