Mourinho speaks

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:41 pm

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has admitted his side were lucky to escape from Anfield with all three points after Joe Cole's second half winner. 
The Chelsea sub secured victory for the visitors and robbed the Reds of a share of the spoils which their performance merited.

Mourinho said: "If I was Rafa then I would be very disappointed because Liverpool played well and I think a draw would have been a fair result. They deserved a point and we know we were lucky today.

"In the first half they were better than us but in the second half I thought it was more fifty-fifty. When you are going for the Championship then you need some luck and we had that today.

"We went through a difficult period in the first half when I felt my players lost some emotional control. You can't afford to do that against a team like Liverpool who press, who fight, who challenge and who battle for everything in front of their magnificent crowd.

"We won because of some luck and because of some fine individual performances. Liverpool also had some great individual displays and they worked well as a team.

"I'm pleased to have got the victory but I know Liverpool didn't deserve to lose. I wish them the best for the rest of the year."
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Santa » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:00 pm

Enjoy it while you can and watch us go next season...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:02 pm

While we did lose today, we still stay in sixth place. If Boro lose than the gap will stay the same. Next game is a must win.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion