Morientes - I want to play for benitez at lfc

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:10 pm

Fernando Morientes has pleaded with Real Madrid to let him leave the Bernabeu to play for Liverpool.
The Spanish striker is Rafa Benitez's top transfer target for the January transfer window as he seeks reinforcements in attack following Djibril Ciise's serious leg injury.

Madrid have so far given little indication that they are prepared to sell the 28 year old, but Morientes insists he wants to leave and he wants to play for Benitez at Anfield.

He said: "Madrid know my situation and they know they must do something about me. They must sort out the situation by being sensible.

"I am in a position where I want to play, and I will have to look elsewhere to do that. If Madrid do not want me then it's in the best interests of everyone that they are realistic.

"I haven't spoken to Rafa Benitez but I have always appreciated his work and I would like to play for him.

"There are things that must be sorted out now, and I hope they can do it. I am a Madrid player and my circumstances are difficult because I must wait for them to decide. But I would like it to be resolved with maturity.

"I like Liverpool and I am pleased that a club of their stature want to buy me. I have told Madrid that I want it to happen."
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:19 pm

Could this not have gone in the existing thread ?

Existing Morientes thread
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:28 pm

no it couldnt
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:36 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Could this not have gone in the existing thread ?

Existing Morientes thread

Hello Moderator.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion