Rafa still positive

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:33 am

lakes no offense m8, but u're wile down on liverpool lol

be postiive even if its difficult to be, you need to keep a open mind so you can think about the big picture rather than the one match or 2 or 3
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:38 am

thats just it i am and it will be getting worse before its gets better.
Its been 14 years since we last won the League but like us all the start of the new football year we think " this is the year" and one year i hope soon it will be.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:41 am

well i suppose you're just being honest, suppose its better than some ppl on this forum who slag off the team for getting beat but u're down and you're frustated with it, 14 years hell of a long time i know, exactly but the thing is supporters think that everyyear even if they dont believe it, (i can't talk i put money on liverpool to win it this year lol) but of course i didnt' believe it, i was hoping cause of a new manager but doesnt work like that, like a new player he has to know the players, konw their strengths, weaknesses etc etc and i think he pretty much knows who he wants to keep, ok some players i dont fancy are still there, but i would say its more to do with the fact that theres noone else to cover the positions, but in time he'll konw whos not enough
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:46 am

I'm still positive but when you conceed a head in the 6 yard box by a 2 foot tall striker you have to ask questions

Lua Lua has pace, Hyypia doesn't that is why Lua Lua who is shorter than Hyypia was able to head the ball into the net because he got there faster and Hyypia was there too late to stop him.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:48 am

i think its bee so bad for me over the lasdt 4 year as my 2 best friends a gooner and a manc so it has been had , i was going to give them up for more respectable ones like bin laden or saddam hussein but bin and saddam would not be my friends as i was assioated with a manc. lol
Last edited by lakes10 on Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:49 am

Portsmouth are no walk over. They've beaten Man Utd after the Mancs defeated Arsenal, they've been on a good run of games lately so you couldn't expect them to give up. They did the same thing with Newcastle, equalized very late in the game and defended the whole time.

Teams like Fulham and Portsmouth make their move on the counter attack. We ended up playing like Man Utd yesterday. Controlled the game, didn't create many chances and the chances that were created did not turn into more than one goal. At the end fell asleep and let in a goal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:51 am

by the way my friends ( manc and gooner ) live next door , i was going to move but you know what manc are like a bit of s*** and the tend to stick to your feet so i bet if i moved i would find a crowd of them living next door next time lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:08 am

Didnt see the match but if its anything like the one against everton, birmingham and villa..it must be damn frustrating. To dominate a match and not get full points is plain shitty. We've been missing too many chances and need to be more clinical and ruthless in front of goal.

Judgin' by the match reports and the goal conceded, we also seem to have a minor goalkeeping problem. I'd like to think that its more to do with lacking of confidence and luck rather than ability because kirkland and dudek are clearly god keepers. Am crossing my fingers hoping that they sort this thing out ASAP.

Anyway, looking at the bright side of things, january's approaching..and lets hope we get that striker fast to put away the chances that our midfield's been creating. Main problem is, all of Europe's top strikers are CL tied, thus finding a quality striker is not easy.  Therefore what do you think an ideal striker for us at the moment should have?

My two cents (in order of importance):-

1. Proven in the premiership as we simpy do not have time for him to take 6 months to settle down!!

2. Strong in the air and physical, as Cisse and Baros arent exactly strong in that department. I notice that although we tend to put in good balls into the box, our players would lose out to EPL defenders who are strong in the air and often physical

3. Not CL tied would be a bonus, though not a necessity as I seriously think that we should concentrate on the EPL at the moment or else there won't be any CL for us!!

If we have the money and provided he's not too expensive i.e. less than 5m, I think anelka's the man.

If we dont have the money, I think we should get a seasoned and experienced premiership striker onboard, maybe till end of season before we splash cash to get one at year end. Remember what effect gary mac had on us. That would give our relatively young side more experience and a cool head on the field. Candidates? Cant think of one at the moment TBH..les ferdinand?shearer?sheringham?fowler?duncan fergusan (just a suggestion to illustrate my point!!)

Another option would be loaning someone from outside the UK. There is always a danger of them taking time to settle down, therefore I would rather leave this as the last option. Contrary to everyone's opiniion, I believe even seasoned pros and proven strikers (yes, even morientes) would take time to settle. And we dont have that time. If it comes to this who would be my choices? My first choice would be Jan Koller who has all of the above characteristics plus he works well with baros.

P/S: I seriously think harry kewell is improving a lot. He looks lighter and moves faster, first touch improving and is starting to get into good positions...
ssss

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:39 pm

Beggers can't choose, and we certainly can't spend all our time looking for a 'perfect' striker come January because first there is no one perfect and second we need a one or two good defenders, and possibly a winger.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 100-1102639321 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:41 pm

need half a team by the sounds of it
100-1102639321

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion