Steed malbranque - Interested?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spud » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:19 pm

I've seen this guy several times and he has always played well.  The bad news is that GH tried to sign him, but Fulham were after £7M at the time (so he spent it on Diao and Diouf instead).

What do you think?

Is he better that our current RM (Finnan & Nunez).  I think attacking wise he is.
spud

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:21 pm

i was advocating signing the guy in the summer. the guy's class. way too good for fulham. whether he'd fit into our system is debatable though and i think we need to be looking at other areas of the pitch first.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Redrider » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:35 pm

I think Nunez will come good, I was sat quite close to his patch last night and I was impressed with some of his running and touches, not quite there yet, but he could be good when he becomes confident.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby FrankM » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:40 pm

Think Malbranque is a CM.
Read somewhere that he has decided not to move in the window, as his wife is due to have a baby in January.
FrankM

Postby spud » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:44 pm

I agree that we have other priorities (striker(s)).
spud

Postby stmichael » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:48 pm

he's a right sided central midfielder, i.e he can play in the centre or on the right of midfield. almost similar to danny murphy or lee bowyer for example. he most definitely isn't a winger so i doubt he would fit in at our club unless benitez reverts to a 4-4-2 formation.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:59 pm

Redrider wrote:I think Nunez will come good, I was sat quite close to his patch last night and I was impressed with some of his running and touches, not quite there yet, but he could be good when he becomes confident.

i agree. while a lot of what he done was sh*te, there were glimpses of technique and intelligent running. its hard to give players time when you have to win games, but i'm reserving full judgement for now.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby spud » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:15 pm

He used to play in front of Finnan at Fulham and they were effective.

I wonder if we could get him for £3M.  Flog Josemi back for £2M - sorry, he may improve with time, but I've seen him commit suicide in the last 2 home games and it's not good enough. :angry:
spud

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:44 pm

The pundits always rave about this Malbranque but he doesnt look anything special to me. Ofcourse I only see him on the sky live games and others see more of him but Ive failed to be over impressed. Looks pretty average and I wouldnt want him at Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion