Dudek back in action

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:05 am

Source:Premier League

Dudek replaces Kirkland

Goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek returns to the Liverpool side for the Barclays Premiership clash against Portsmouth after Chris Kirkland was ruled out with a back injury.

Teenager Paul Harrison will be on the bench as cover.

Manager Rafael Benitez said: “Jerzy Dudek will play for sure as Chris has a little injury. He has not trained the last two days.”

Czech Republic striker Milan Baros is set to be recalled to the team after being rested at the weekend in light of the heavy fixture programme.

Xabi Alonso could also return at the expense of Salif Diao in midfield as Liverpool aim to get back on track following their weekend defeat at Everton.

Liverpool’s home form has been impressive with 18 points gained from a possible 21.

Benitez is hoping they can continue in that winning vein against a Portsmouth side who gained a point at Newcastle United at the weekend.

He said: “We were disappointed to lose to Everton. We run and fight, we have chances.

“But that is in the past. We now must think about the next game and we know how important the three points will be for our confidence.

“It is a long race to the title and if we gain three more points it will push us nearer the top four.

“We are playing well at home but not away. We need a better mentality in those games.

“Portsmouth play a high tempo game and show good organisation. It will be difficult for us.”
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:07 am

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=1;t=7690
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:35 am

yeah i read this already, but can you say too little too late?
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:40 am

yeah i read this already, but can you say too little too late?

Yes.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:43 am

I already posted this thread
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion