L4 group - who are they ? - Intresting read.............

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby simic_ie » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:29 pm

Lets face it there isn't a big team in World Football that isn't getting huge financial aid and we need this of we are to move forward. Football is a business now whether we like it or not
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:36 pm

I've just spotted this article from the Torygraph on the red and white site, revealing the rather Morgan-like opinions of the leader of the 'Hollywood' bid from the L4 consortium

'Nobody has heard of Liverpool in LA'

By Andrew Warshaw  (Filed: 05/12/2004)

One of the two rival tycoons bidding for control of Liverpool launched a savage attack on the club's recent malaise last night.

Mike Jefferies, the Los Angeles-based movie mogul, said: "In Los Angeles you see Manchester United shirts but no one has heard of Liverpool."

Jefferies, who is thought to be putting together a £100 million bid to outflank rival bidder Steve Morgan, said the club "pulses through his veins" before heaping more blame upon the club chairman David Moores for Liverpool announcing a record loss of £21.9 m at their AGM on Friday.

"Liverpool is a club run as a plaything of its owner," said Jefferies. "It has had 15 years of bad management and is now valued at one-fifth of Manchester United." A former journalist who made his cash through business internet services, Jefferies is chairman of Milkshake Films and producer of Goal, a multi-million pound movie about a South American footballer who arrives in the Premiership. The film, which includes a cameo performance from David Beckham, was partly shot on location not at Jefferies' beloved Anfield but at St James's Park.

Two interesting points as far as I can tell:

1. Although the Kraft family involvement does sound promising, I'm not happy about Jefferies' slating of Moores. Unless I have read it out of context, it sounds a bit harsh. Also would Rick Parry keep his job if that's their opinion of his work? I personally think that in him we have the best man for the job.

OR

2. Has Jefferies got a point - are we being too loyal to Moores? For all his obvious integrity, humility, amenability with the staff and players, and love for the club, is he a good enough businessman to take us to where we want our club to be? I'd like to think he is, but I'm not sufficiently clued up in the ways of business to judge. Although this article initally repels me, they 'might' have a point?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:39 pm

Is this the same guy who has a film coming out in America called "Goal"?
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:44 pm

Pig Catcher wrote:Is this the same guy who has a film coming out in America called "Goal"?

It is
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby vlady16.1 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:52 pm

i read those comments too but he later said that they were not his words, but in many ways they are true. i walk around and i rarely see a liverpool jersey -- where i live i'm more likely to see  an ac milan -- but here is my point -- i was in toronto this summer for the porto game -- it sold well-- but the celtic game was sold out -- they have a good NA following. if the americans want to buy a team it is because of the growth potential -- think about this -- high school sports -- play basketball yeah right football need to be a monster -- hockey real expensive footy face it a normal kid can play-- not necessarily well but there are 300 lb linemen in high school football -- guys like kraft see this and growth potential is
there

don't worry about the history -- that is what he is buying -- americans realize the value of a brand and that what liverpool is -- the history the lore anfield shankley -- that is what he wants -- that will give him the ability to sell it in the us. he could buy a second rate team and spend it good but it won't work.

re: us farm teams -- i think that is already happening - the mls in its current form cannot be more than a feeder system-- you guys just wait freddy adu and company will be comming
vlady16.1

Postby A.B. » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:58 pm

you guys just wait freddy adu and company will be comming

Donovan[one of their best players] already left the league for Bayer Leverkusen. McBride who plays for Fulham played for Columbus Crew . More players from MLS are going to European leagues.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:01 am

There is a show here called Fox Football[not American Football] Friday. During the show Premier League fans call in etc... and what I've noticed is that most of them are from England,Wales,Ireland,etc.... all who live in various states in the US. So if Kraft did decide to invest in us or take over the popularity of Liverpool in US would rise dramastically imo. Kraft is a well known man mostly because of his money,New England Patriots and New England Revolution. With that being said if he was to get involved with us there would be a rise of popularity of LFC in the US.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:12 pm

A.B. wrote:

Donovan[one of their best players] already left the league for Bayer Leverkusen. McBride who plays for Fulham played for Columbus Crew . More players from MLS are going to European leagues.

How is Cobi Jones doing right now ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:13 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
A.B. wrote:

How is Cobi Jones doing right now ?

Not sure, I don't pay much attention to MLS.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby L-type » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:14 am

I am very much ready for an american over, which i stress has absouletly nothing to do with the fact that i'm american (actually it has everything to do with it, but whatever)  The l4 group is the only group i have any connection with and have been able to see how they operate.  The patriots are known not for having the best players, but having the best team.  This is the kind of team that Benitez is trying to build and I see Kraft as the best vehicle to get there.
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion