Gerrard - Pure love

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:31 am

Thats the thing though, against Fulham and Norwich, watch those games, tell me he didn't grab the game by the scruff of the neck...

He did, but in a different way to Gerrard would.

:)
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:35 am

I'm not disagreeing with ya Stu, but you have to admit, that Alonso is far from the finished article yet (as witnessed by his alarming propensity to occasionally give the ball away in dangerous areas). If Gerrard was to go, I'd like to see a quality midfielder come in and shoulder the burden with Alonso, and when I say quality I don't mean Scott Parker.

We both agree that Gerrard is not the finished article either, but his strong personality gives Liverpool a presence that they might not otherwise have.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:08 am

Alonso is a quality player right now.

He could be as good as Gerrard easily as a player. Obviously different. I personally don't believe you need to world class central midfielders. I think one who is a leader and another quality midfielder who compliments the other is the way forward.

Keane and Scholes is the prime example.
115-1073096938

Postby Mikz » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:17 am

:upside: i need a valium! What a depressing discussion . Its bad enough to lose our best player ,but when its because he thinks we arent good enough ??? To move to a rival club is soul destroying.
Is he too big for Liverpool football club? Unlikely -yes hes a great player but is he as bigtime as he must think? Missing his England team mates boasting and bragging of the silverware coming there way.And if he did the unthinkable-and jumped on the scum train...f**k  :angry: dont even go there.
Depressing ,but at least we can talk about it,if it does happen and who we can bring in . All I can say is -Thank God for Rafael Benetiz-my REAL hero at Anfield now.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:14 am

Yeah the most depressing thing for me is after such a great result all the spotlight seems to be on whether Stevie going or not...........just doesnt seem right somehow
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:16 am

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I'm excited by what Alonso could be, and he would probably become the team's leader when Gerrard goes...

Remember how Gerrard improve his game a couple of levels after being made captain of Liverpool? Same as Hyppia when we first took the armband from Fowler. I say Alonso could be in the same mould, not right away but after one season here...not yet anyway
Last edited by Santa on Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:23 am

If he does go to another club in EPL, I hope it would be Chelsea...not because they can offer more cash on the table but we can also get a couple of players in return, one where they will not let go for cash exchanges. I would like to have Scott Parker and William Gallas (who are not in their first XI) + £25M. Seems reasonable as Chelsea will be desperate to land Stevie.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:44 am

Gerrard has been a terriffic Liverpool player, it is a pity that he has not been in a Liverpool team which is winning/really challenging for the EPL or the Champions' League.

The reality of it is that a pleyers' carrer is a short one and that it is natural for Gerrard wanting to win at least one EPL title in his career. We should enjoy the moment and if he does decide to go, make sure we get a bucketful of cash to rebuild.

If he does go at the end of the season, we should all wish him well and thank him for his contributions and move on ans rebuild for a more prosperous future.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion