Wengers plan working ? - No concern required.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Sat Nov 27, 2004 3:24 pm

Wenger, is desparate for a result at Anfield, last few games not going well and they are losing their grip on top slot.
In desperation he has decided to play the ''Unsettled Gerrard Card'' to create some advantage for his team.
Don't take any notice, I don't think from this extract out of Stevie G's recent article, that he sounds like a lad dissatisfied with progress at Anfield :

'' In the summer you said you wanted to see progress at the club this year. Is it difficult to assess the situation now because of the injuries?

I'm not thinking about myself. While I was out injured I saw signs that the club were moving forward. I'm happy with the coaching staff that they've brought in. I like what I see and I'm confident that these people can improve the team and take us forward. Just because we've had a couple of injuries and results haven't been as we'd have liked doesn't mean I'm starting to think we're not making progress. I'm confident that we are.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:31 pm

Good point.  Wenger loves all this.  He's testing Rafa.  Trying to deflect attention away from the fact that his team have their own weaknesses.
jonnymac1979

Postby Redrider » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:16 pm

Wenger, put's on this image of a 'cool dude' !!  Beneath the elegant image, he is a coniving $hit stirrer. Ask Fergie !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:18 pm

He has been playing similar games with Fergie for years
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:39 pm

More from Steven Gerrard, in today's Daily Post:

''All I know is under Rafa Benitez and his coaches we will definitely get to their level again. It might not be this season and I don't know how long it will take. Every manager needs time.
"But while he is at Liverpool, it will definitely happen. We will return to that higher level.''

Those do not sound like the words of someone about to leave LFC.
:)   :)
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:54 pm

He is a peadophile.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:57 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:He is a peadophile.

Gerrard or Wenger?  :p
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:01 pm

He is peadophile alright.

Thats were he got found those youngster...he lured them into his bed by bribing thm with Haribo when they were really little children. They grew up with many serious phsycoglical problems; which explains why there are where they are today!

Fooking peado... :angry:

Ahhh...it wasn't long before he started these mind games with Benitez anyway.

He was going to start sooner or later.
77-1099054247

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:04 pm

ManUtd wrote:He is peadophile alright.

Thats were he got found those youngster...he lured them into his bed by bribing thm with Haribo when they were really little children. They grew up with many serious phsycoglical problems; which explains why there are where they are today!

Fooking peado... :angry:

Ahhh...it wasn't long before he started these mind games with Benitez anyway.

He was going to start sooner or later.

You need help seriously you do :glare:
The sh.it your spurtin out, is just pure hatred and jealousy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:09 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:The sh.it your spurtin out, is just pure hatred and jealousy.

Nothing to be jealous about! More like the other way round!

Its true...most "liverpool" fans..(not real ones of course)...like to talk about how much they hate Man Utd instead of their own team.

We're a better team than Liverpool...thats why!

No need for jealousy at that level though...tut tut.

Btw, are you going to the match tomorrow?

You can't miss a big game like that!
77-1099054247

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:10 pm

No you cant is that why you where postin on here when yous played arsenal :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 77-1099054247 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:32 pm

Not on the same day though!

I was there when we played you lot... :laugh:
77-1099054247

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 27, 2004 11:19 pm

Ive just found this on football now site. Intresting article.

Saturday, November 27, 2004
Touching the void - how to beat Liverpool
In the 70's and 80's Liverpool awoke to make such a big noise the whole world heard them. They became one of the greatest clubs this world has today and since that day they remain a club that, win or lose, always remain something of great importance.

Not many teams have caught up to Liverpool's standard in England. Undoubtedly an amazing club they have disappeared in to a shadow that is loved by many Liverpool fans but they're far away from who they once were.

Now things are changing, they have a new manager, a new group of continental players and a new way of playing - but they're still in limbo, they're not great again yet.

Although they won't become what they once were in the 70's and 80's, I doubt. That's difficult and takes something special.

Right now Liverpool are a club with progression and they obviously have talent. For all the misfortune that Liverpool have had lately they have remained in the top half of the table edging at the places held by most other teams. They're still competitors and once back in to a groove again with Benitez' style they will be a threatening contingent to other teams.

Yet lately, they've hit a few snags - they are competent though, they are resourceful and will create means to counter an offensive. They have Gerrard, a midfield maestro, an old experienced, yet youthful player. They have Benitez, a talented tactician and offensive genius. All will come in to play.

So what is this weakness?

The midfield

You'd think with Gerrard, Alonso and company all pacing around like Rats escaping an aerial threat of killer pigeons - they could barely be stoppable but, this is their weakness as most of Liverpool's game is built around midfield mastership and if you break that down, if you stall the flow and more importantly the influence of these midfield players the confidence throughout the team will diminish leaving lots of gaping holes for Arsenal to take their pick of shots.

To penetrate this weakness we need to win things in midfield, and we have an edge. While Gerrard is focussing matters on one of his biggest fans, Vieira, and taking the game to him - we will be left with Cesc to create, damage and find the ball to the feet of a multitude of players.

The aim to obliterate a Liverpool team is not playing football with them but diminishing their greatest influence in the team, which will put pressure on them. If you cut off their supply you can basically stall their attempts.

Now - can Arsenal do this.

Our flaws are from midfield but Vieira and Gerrard will be pre-occupied as they will begin their exchange and competitiveness throughout, leaving Cesc to be our most important player.

Elsewhere though we need to come together and work off Cesc and send our defence a little further forward. A gulf between goal and our defence will give their midfield less movement.

Basically we will have to be an older Arsenal and at our best as this is not some mediocre team. They could quite easily make matters easier for us by giving us a real challenge to re-implement our potential to fight back and give our strengths some air to come out and breathe.

All over the Liverpool squad there is a player, a unit that will challenge each of our players to re-awaken themselves. We haven't had any real competition. PSV decided to go WWE on us and wrestle us in to dramatic consequences although it helped to raise our game. 9 men against 11 and a draw away from home in Europe. It's impressive stuff.

Liverpool need this win, they will be up for a fight - they will really need to win this game as they are struggling and every game is important before they can replenish weaknesses in January. Maybe what Arsenal need - a good intense battle for all the players.

Liverpool could very well be our blessing in disguise.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:16 pm

Strange article ! It's pretty obvious that Arsenal are begining to panic, hence the Wenger $hit on Gerrard.
I would not be suprised if we were to win this game today, Arsenal sound like mentally tired and negative club at the moment if that is a view from their web-site.
We could be in for a laugh today!  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion