Alonso - Why didn't he play

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:49 pm

I think the plan was to bring him on for Gerrard after 70 minutes or so, but that went out the window after the injuries.

It was to rest him after a diffucult week and to have him fresh for the game against Arsenal.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:01 pm

Pig Catcher wrote:I think the plan was to bring him on for Gerrard after 70 minutes or so, but that went out the window after the injuries.

It was to rest him after a diffucult week and to have him fresh for the game against Arsenal.

If that was the case, it's all a bit too clever. When the idea should simply be:
       Play your best team to win important games !!

When does Carragher get a rest, that lad has been working his bo$$0cks off for weeks, including International Games ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:51 pm

In the echo he said he didnt know why he was dropped but he doesnt question the manager ???
I think he wants him fresh for sunday, and as other people have stated he would have came on only for the 2 injuries.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:09 am

Ah! well when we have beaten Arsenal and taken Olympiacos with an Alonso hat-trick, all will be history !!
What is Xabi up to in your photograph ?   Picking bananas ?  Serving an ace at tennis ?  ???  ???
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion