Stephen mcphee!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rubberlips » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:52 pm

Reds in shock McPhee link

Liverpool dispatched a scout to watch Stephen McPhee play for Beira-Mar on Sunday.

The Reds sent scouting co-ordinator Frank McParland to the Estadio Aveiro on Sunday to watch Beira-Mar face Sporting Lisbon and McPhee was understood to be the reason for his trip.

The game ended 2-2 and although McPhee did not score, he did impress McParland.

"He is a player that we have checked on already before coming here and we know he has done well in the Portuguese championship," McParland told Ojogo.

"I do not doubt he is a young player with a lot of value, in the match with Sporting he did not shine but he worked hard and always tries for the team."

McPhee moved to Beira-Mar in the summer after quitting Port Vale on a free transfer, following a failed bid from Leeds United.

The 23-year-old has settled well in Portugal since his move and has bagged three goals in 10 games.

Liverpool are believed to be trawling Europe for possible striking options and McPhee is the latest to come under their gaze.

However, The Reds or any other club would not be allowed to make a move for McPhee as he cannot move twice in one season.

Beira-Mar president Jose Santana Mano Nunes has already stated his intent to keep the young Glaswegian at the club - although a big offer would more than likely be accepted.

Do we really have that little money to spend???
Rubberlips

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:55 pm

No, it's boll ocks.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rubberlips » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:58 pm

I hope your right - who you think they were scouting then??
Rubberlips

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:01 pm

I doubt it a player cant go out on loan twice in one season or somethin like that, plus we dont want no port vale players :angry:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:02 pm

I don't pretend to know Rubberman. Could be absolutely anybody but I'll put money with anyone who'll take it that it won't be a Scotsman. With the possible but unlikely exception of Barry Ferguson, they haven't got a single player who would get in our team.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:08 pm

I reckon its rubbish and the scout was watching a diffrent players and use his name as a diversion but if we are then it shows how deseperate times have come :(
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:10 pm

Mate, times aren't desperate. Relax. Even when we were a good side, and I mean a really good side, we still played rubbish and lost on occasions. It happens.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:11 pm

Post from JBG Topic 'Iberian news etc.'

Just read the Skysports article. Sad really, when on the same page RM and Chelsea are featured fighting over a Brazilain Starlett and we are left looking at a cast off from Coventry and Port Vale !!
It is hard to see how McPhee looks better than Mellor, age 23 and no track record to speak of.
I suspect the scout was watching another player and just used McPhee's name as a blind !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion