Euro 2024 Thread

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:02 am

Anyone watching this lol.

Watched the England game, they played okay but could've done a lot better. As expected though after leading, they played the "pragmatic" Southgate way. Best attack in the tournament so in expecting a lot more from them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:49 pm

Watching bits of it and mostly it's the sides that our players are featuring in.

At least Szoboszlai's tournament looks to be at an end after today. I know they haven't got a team full of stars but Szob hasn't stood out at all. Looks anonymous most of the time just like he has been with us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jun 20, 2024 12:15 pm

Watched bit's and pieces. England looked good for 30 minutes in the opening game but then reverted to type, i.e. almost managing to snatch defeat from a winning position !
Saw some of the Portugal game, couldn't help but notice how often Ronaldo was looking up at the big screens, obviously enjoying looking at himself !   :p
Honestly been more impressed with the Eastern European nations, at least they're getting stuck in and giving it a real go !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Fri Jun 21, 2024 12:04 pm

I feel bad for Trent. He’s played out of position to shoehorn him into the team and is now being blamed for “it not working” with him in the team.  Blame should actually be golden boy Harry Kane who’s so slow and cumbersome that he holds the team back. He mainly scores penalties and tap ins but the press paint him out to be world class. He’s a good prem player but certainly not world class.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:00 am

Anthony Taylor and Stuart Attwell F.ucking things up as usual. By constantly trying to show they are clever they actually look like idiots. I haven’t quite figured out whether they are corrupt, on an ego trip or just idiots.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:32 pm

This England side is soo dreadful, overhyped as usual. Trent was labelled the man out of sync, nothing has changed even in this game.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:32 am

redshade » Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:32 pm wrote:This England side is soo dreadful, overhyped as usual. Trent was labelled the man out of sync, nothing has changed even in this game.

Look awful to watch. No press, no intensity, no dynamism. We have been spoilt watching Liverpool and dynamic football. Other than maybe Bellingham and he is still young, England doesn’t have any world class players. I think Trent is a world class striker of the ball but he’ll get judged on his defensive work since he is a right back. The rest of the players are good PL players but certainly not world class, so they are playing true to form. The press seem to get confused between the PL and the national team, what makes the PL the best in the world are generally the foreign players.

No call for the boos and throwing beer, they are still representing England and just makes other countries laugh.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 26, 2024 3:27 pm

It just seems like they don't know what they are doing or meant to do. There is no cohesion, middle of the pitch Southgate is still experimenting. Getting to the final last time saved his a.s.s. They will lose once they face tougher opposition and Southgate will be finally sacked.

Game last night was soo boring that I had couple of naps in-between.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:48 am

redshade » Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:27 pm wrote:It just seems like they don't know what they are doing or meant to do. There is no cohesion, middle of the pitch Southgate is still experimenting. Getting to the final last time saved his a.s.s. They will lose once they face tougher opposition and Southgate will be finally sacked.

Game last night was soo boring that I had couple of naps in-between.

England really only made the final last time because they had a favorable draw, it’s the same this time…. All the strong teams bar Italy are on the other side. You’d have to say that Spain looks ominous.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion