Josemi,a concern

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthernScouser » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:30 pm

This thread definitely cheered me up - on a boring Monday morning at work !

I kept ducking when the dummies and rattles flew out the pram !!!!

Keep it up girls (I mean boys, sorry right I mean left)

CLASSIC
SouthernScouser

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:34 pm

SouthernScouser wrote:This thread definitely cheered me up - on a boring Monday morning at work !

I kept ducking when the dummies and rattles flew out the pram !!!!

Keep it up girls (I mean boys, sorry right I mean left)

CLASSIC

Yes, it can be comical around here at times, SS!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sean » Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:34 pm

....and i always thought Phil Neal used to play right back.  So it turns out he used to play left full....silly me.
P.S. Does this mean John Barnes played on the right wìng.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:14 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:May I intervene here?

I read AB's original post the other night and my interpretation of what I think he's trying to say is that Josemi is a weakness when play is coming down the OPPOSITION'S LEFT HAND SIDE, i.e. Palace got some joy out of THEIR LEFT FLANK (through Kolka) as we were weak on OUR RIGHT HAND SIDE.

I think thats what he meant but only dug a deeper hole for himself by trying to argue the "right looks left" when you are watching tv!  :D

Give him a break lads, he knows Josemi is a left...sorry... right back.  :D

Watch the game again and you will hear that they've said during the game that the Spanish RB was weak at the left side.
Last edited by A.B. on Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Jean-Luc Bertrand » Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:30 pm

If Josemi play football on the right fullback position it is surely reasonable to say that his stronger kicker is the right side foot. Saying he is weak on left side is saying the obvious thing no? When people say his game has been up and down, is this because as you say in the first half he plays in the bottom half of the, I'm not sure this is ok "telly", and in the second part of the game he reverts to the top. All this is unreliable because if you are centre player, then naturellement you are going to be steady because you stay in the middle of the "telly".
Jean-Luc Bertrand

Postby tel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:10 am

A.B. wrote:The former Malaga defender looked solid in the pre-season and at the very begining of 04/05 EPL season. In the recent 3-4 games the Spaniard has been doing a poor job on the right side that has led to the opposition scoring.

Two weeks ago Josemi's mistake led to a Blackburn goal. He was too busy looking whether the ref was going to call an offside or not to actualy stop the Blackburn player who outran him, passed the ball which led to a goal.

Today he was the reason why we conceeded two goals. He was out of position and once again busy looking whether its an offside or not. He is a concern because next week we face Boro, playing Josemi will be a huge risk in a game like that and I am worried whether Benitez is going to play him or not. I prefer Stephen Finnan until Josemi gets his head out of the gutter otherwise we might be conceeded an average of 2 goals a game.

I've been debating whether its Josemi who is at fault or Hyppia, and I've decided its the latter.

The defence is instructed to play high up the field.

Because of Sammi's lack of pace, when the defence plays high up the field, he drops back quickly when the ball is turned over in midfield in case he gets caught out.

Josemi is in the right position. Its Sammi Hyppia thats keeping opposition strikers onside because he's dropped back sooner than the rest of the defence.
tel

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion