Why - Didn't these blokes get a go before?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:47 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:You got home quickly!

You questioning my integrity lad ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:48 pm

I can walk to Anfield in ten minutes.  Know how you feel Stu.  Don't get paid until Tuesday.
jonnymac1979

Postby Dalglish » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:23 am

I live 12 miles away and get home in approx 30mins on a good day and I NEVER leave until the fat man in the Black whistles for ful time :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:26 am

And the answer to your Thread title "Why didn't these lads geta  chance before" is that many prem sides now choose the carling Cup to blod young and upcoming players. Fowler i believe made his debut in the League cup as it was then and it didn't do him any harm.

The reality is that in the Pem and CL these players would be lost at present. the carling Cup gives clubs like Liverpool an opportunity to give these players a run.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:03 am

Dalglish wrote:I live 12 miles away and get home in approx 30mins on a good day and I NEVER leave until the fat man in the Black whistles for ful time :D

I live 10,000 + miles away. I can walk to Anfield over the Atlantic Oc.... wait I haven't mastered that skill yet.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby DAV » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:42 am

most didnt get a chance under houlier because they wernt signed from 2 bit french teams
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:48 pm

I'd be very interested to see the team Rafa picks away against Spurs in the next round. It would do the youngsters the world of good to get the nod in that game and come away with a result.

I get the impression Mellor and Pongolle will get starts before the January window opens, and that's no bad thing. It's also very reassuring to hear that we've got a promising centre-back in Zac. The more quality players we can bring through via the academy and reserves, the better our finances will be in the long run.

It's been a long while since we brought good players through from scratch, and that'll give the next breed of young players an incentive to work their socks off. The promise of languishing in the reserves isn't too much of a carrot to dangle, but hinting that there's a realistic chance to progress through to the first team if you graft away will do the job very nicely.
ivor_the_injun

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:03 pm

Yeah GH fell out with Steve Heighway was SH kicked off that he wasn't giving the youngsters a chance, thats why we didn't see any youngsters last season :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthernScouser » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:28 pm

I agree

I really hope Rafa sticks with the same side for the next round against Spurs.  It might not be entirely possible if injuries occur or whatever, but if he can - imagine the experience these youngster will gain - win, lose whatever.  I firmly believe this is an important part of their learning curve.

If he does - I don't think they will let us down.  Plus if he changes it because he thinks the stakes are a bit higher (quarter finals etc) - what message does it send out to the boys who got us there in the first place.  Could seriously affect confidence.

I know one thing - I bet the Scum & the ******(bandits)nal will change their sides - just to kick lumps out of eachother (well I live in hope anyway - a few more suspensions can only benefit us).
SouthernScouser

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion