what's your thought?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby hudagph » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:42 am

This season is turning into a disaster already for us - we need to salvage what we can from it. Brendan Rodger's has said that the side lacks confidence. I couldn't agree more.
The hammer blow was of course selling Suarez to Barcelona and failing to find a suitable replacement. To make matters worse, we have Sturridge out yet again with injury - and our side looks a little low on morale and confidence. todays defeat sums up how influencial Luis Suarez was for the club and the players - we should not use losing him to Barce as an excuse for our current failings. We must get our season back on track ASAP or we'll do a Man United 2013-14 i feel.

EPL REGS your thoughts ?
hudagph
LFC Basic Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:55 am

What defeat are you talking about? We have won our last two games.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:59 am

hudagph » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:42 am wrote:This season is turning into a disaster already for us - we need to salvage what we can from it. Brendan Rodger's has said that the side lacks confidence. I couldn't agree more.
The hammer blow was of course selling Suarez to Barcelona and failing to find a suitable replacement. To make matters worse, we have Sturridge out yet again with injury - and our side looks a little low on morale and confidence. todays defeat sums up how influencial Luis Suarez was for the club and the players - we should not use losing him to Barce as an excuse for our current failings. We must get our season back on track ASAP or we'll do a Man United 2013-14 i feel.

EPL REGS your thoughts ?

What game were you watching today? We won 3-1. 

Anyway to your point:

- We can salvage our season if we bring in one or two quality players in January that will shore up our spine.
- We need to sell Lucas and Borini to raise funds to bring in possibly a 3rd player
- In order of priority we need to bring in a box-to-box CM midfielder, goal-keeper and striker (that can preferably play on his own or with two up front).

I have absolutely no confidence that this will happen though.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kazza » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:37 am

Just like buying Coutinho and Sturridge improved us immensly the second half of Rodgers first season, we need something along those lines to turn us around this season. Unfortunately we need a keeper as well. As long as we keep spotting teams goals we will always be up against it. First we need to stop the stupid mistakes and then we need to improve at the other end. It will me a monumental task.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion