The new season - Whats in stall for us?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:04 pm

joependo wrote:
Good post mate. I guess we should aim slightly higher in both Premiership and CL
Hey i have to ask you sutin how can yu do better in the CL if we have won it. :D I totaly agree with Miltia we should try to atleast get 3rd or 4th in the league.

Militia mentionned in his post that we should at least reach the quarter finals of Champions League.

My post was in response to that sentence.
Last edited by Fernando Morientes > 19 < on Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Ciggy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:15 pm wrote:God its bloody Hot :D
So tomorrow night see's us at the start of defending our trophey that we rightfully earned, all this rubbish from other fans and jealous people of you where just lucky, yer right  :glare: lucky against the prem champions over 2 legs? lucky against the Old lady over 2 legs? Bayern leverkusen over 2 legs, and the once against the (so called) inpregnable defence and giants of europe AC Milan.

What a bloody night superb if i may say so once again, best 2 nights of my life Ive ever had the final and the parade.
Then the high was wiped out completly by Gerrard asking for a transfer to Chelsea, they where the worst few days Ive experinced this year with the club, i was devistated and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Anyway after some grovelling from both parties whats done is done, we just have to move on now and hope that the players and team are left alone for the forseable future, as it has been a pain in the @rse.  All this speculation about players in no good for club/fans/manager and the team.

So then our new players so far I am reasonably happy with Zenden, Sissoko as Vladi and Igor have gone they are replaced with (hopefully) better players.

Reina this will spell the end for Jerzy I should imagine, one of the highest players at the club 65 grand a week out of contract next season where the club will have to pay him 70 grand a week for his last season, thats a hell of a lot of money for a goal keeper in my eyes. And ecspecially one whom has made quite a few clangers. A HERO in Istanbul out of this world but lets not forget the howlers he has had of the years and the ones against the mancs are the first that spring to mind. Thanx for your service Jerzy quit while your ahead and as a hero.

I cannot comment on the other new boys as I dont know anything about them TBH, so only time will tell if they will cut it at Liverpool or be loaned out after a season or two.

So back to tomorrow it will be amazing the best stadium for atmosphere in the world on european nights, usually at the start of the campagne is a bit quiet at Anfield but tomorrow night wont be we will see the Euro Champions for their first competitive game of the season, and they must at all costs treat TNS like the AC Milans, and Juventus's of the world write them off at your peril.

The reason I say this is because there owner is one blue nose bitter evertonian, he was on the radio the other day being very bitter indeed and very dissrespectful about LFC, saying they earned there place to be there no rules where changed for them, they won the league and have a right, they dont fear Liverpool, we are just another team etc etc, (be prepared for a battle of pub football like a derby) break there legs lads do everything.

I think we will win comfortbly about 4 or 5 nil, I just hope our lads are up for it and I expect Morientes to be on the score sheet along with Cisse, keep it tight at the back and we should be ok (fingers crossed).
Last thing we want is to have to go to Wrexham next tuesday and have to score a bagfull get the job over with tomorrow night and shut up shop.

Now back to the prem first game away against Boro one of bogey teams away from home, this season I expect to see as in Rafa's words a winning mentality a team that plays as a team.
No egos, no kicking off if possession is lost go and bloody get it back, not stand there moaning and argueing blaming your team mates, fight for every ball, fight for 3 points every game, or settle for a draw against tougher opponents, bloody hell we are Champions of Europe teams should fear us, but they wont, you will have most of them playing twice as hard now, to see if they can beat the CL winners.

But thats what the players have to accept and raise there game not just against the Mancs oh and BTW I want to see us take atleast 4 points from them this season, who are they? No one, who are we? The Champions of Europe thats who.
Dont buckle down under pressure, fight be tough and we will be rewarded with the one we havent had our clutches on yet the Premiership.

All the good work of last season will go to waste if we are still lurking 30/40 points behind the leaders, we are Liverpool F.C. and this hasnt been good enough for our magnificent club, our club is one of the best in the world, and I am proud of it.

So to start our campaign off we do need  to strengthen our defence, as we will have enough strikers and midfielders, but the defense is very dodgey, you can play Hyypia against the long ball merchants of the prem, but he will have to sit out against  the fast pacey teams, Arsenal, Spurs (will be good this season) I imagine a lot of young talent coming through, the mancs. And Reina will only start getting abuse if the defence is dodgey but if he has a very good trust worthy defence infront of him its half the battle.

So let the new season commence starting of tomorrow defending our old big ears thats ours to keep, and bring them all on.
We are LIVERPOOL F C the defending Champions of Europe and soon to be the Premiership Champions.

I miss posters like Ciggy ,her exuberance was infectious ,and of course this was posted at a time when positive posts weren't jumped on with distasteful haste.......... .Before Gybs changed his name and donned the black hood that is.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion