My view on tonights game.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mrcool2003 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:16 pm

i agree, mellor isn't good enough for us, never showed any class everytime i've seen him,

i would say biscan, diao, traore, cheyrou, diouf, vignal are the players we urgently need to get rid of, none are good backup players, none could change the game or improve the team, so y keep them
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:51 pm

Rangers might buy Vignal, after a hesitant start he is making a good impression up there.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:38 pm

i would say biscan, diao, traore, cheyrou, diouf, vignal are the players we urgently need to get rid of, none are good backup players, none could change the game or improve the team, so y keep them

Two reasons; injuries and the fact that we don't have the money to buy "good" back up players.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:40 pm

stu_the_red wrote:st michael i strongly disagree.

SURPRISE :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:26 am

I thought Zak Whitbread had a good game. He is a big central defender with top notch heading abilities (for me, he looks like a young clone of Sami Hyypia). He easily outshone Stephane Henchoz. 

Igor Biscan also impressed me yesterday. He is a great dribbler of the ball !!! I never ever would have guessed. He managed to escape (with the ball glued to his feet) 3-4 Millwall players in very tight situations at least twice. Let's hope Rafael Benitez can make good use of his abilities (when Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso aren't playing of course) 

And, finally, Florent Sinama-Pongolle also played very well (in a kind of withdrawn role behind Neil Mellor (who was [censored] to be frank)). Unfortunately he got injured. I would have loved to see him play behind Milan Baros. Florent is quick, intelligent, creative and, most important, very young. He has the potential to develop into a formidable player. Let's give him time.

Positives : Whitbread, Sinama-Pongolle, Traoré (who is now a good fullback) and Biscan

Negatives : Potter (he was invisible most of the time), Mellor (I am afraid he is not good enough for LFC)

Don't get ****** off lad, your one of the few posters who i actually think uses their brain before posting...

1. Zak Whitbread... clone of Hyypia? Yes... same class? Nowhere near... he looked like Hyypia on the ball, which is fine, he was certainly as good in this department. Defensively there wasn't enough evidence to see. Pace wise he looks like Hyypia, but positionally and in the air he's nowhere near Sami's standard. He also doesn't read the game aswell as Sami. I don't know if he could play at a premiership level in the future, maybe division 1. He certainly didn't outshine Henchoz though. Thats over hyping the young lad.

2. Point on Igor's fair. I've always said he can dribble and show good skill, he's not good enough as a player in general but he's got his uses especially as a 4th choice centre mid. Rather him than Diao who simply can't stay on his feet and conceeds a free kick everytime he goes near someone.

3. Potter. I find this a daft statement. In the europian game he did go missing, i said that myself. But firstly he's not a wide midfield player. Secondly it was only his second game. He plays in the middle. He shown good intelligence with his ball through to Baros and shown he has good potential with the way he was trying to link up with other players. I think technically and mental attributes wise he certainly would improve with games, he looked better last nite than the last time he played and shown similar touches and flashes.

Physically he is poor. Lacking in pace, mobility and physical presence. But again, something he can improve on if he has the desire. Compare Gerrard now to what he was when he first came through, an average paced, medium strengthed player with decent mobility. Now look at him... he's lightening quick, one of the best and strongest ATHLETE'S in the premier league.
115-1073096938

Postby adayinthelife » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:41 am

Good point about Potter stu as although out wide he was invisible when Finnan came on and he was moved inside he linked up well.

He definitely needs to bulk up and be more agressive as he bottled out of a few tackles although he caught that scumbag muskat in the head with a high foot that he got away with. :laugh:

Whitbread needs to improve physically but considering it was his debut he did well.

As for diao he really is a lost cause despite his goal as his amount of rash tackles and hospital balls was ridiculous.

As for Baros he was a class apart and I think Benitez has given him confidence and he is showing alot more composure  as he showed with his goals.
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion