What about global warming ?
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:48 am

:Oo: blimey
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:37 pm

A long time ago there was a thread in this section that really got my attention - I wanted to post in it and so I applied for membership. Didn't hear anything back, eventually thought; stuff it, I'm not going to chase it. If they don't have the decency to reply...

Some months later I noticed that a liverbird and "Group: LFC Premium Members" was underneath my avatar - no idea how long that had been there!  :blush:

And now, months (over a year?) later, I'm pretty sure that THIS is my first post in this section.

So, I guess I'm with Reg. People have voted against the Advance Debate forum already by not using it. But if enough people decided they wanted this forum, and started using it, then yes, it seems too easy to get access to me - I'd support a higher post limit - even if that meant I'd lose my membership of this premium group.

However, I'd like to hear from the mods - post limits are fine and dandy, but it is the quality not quantity of posts that is the key thing to a good debate - on what basis do/would/could the mods decide whether an individual's posts are of an adequate standard?
Last edited by Raoul on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:47 am

There are a lot of "new" posters on here who speak a lot of sense. I dont think we should limit membership to thi section by post numbers alone. There has to be some kind of other test for want of a better word in which a member shows they are capable of posting good quality stuff and not one line posts, or russian dolls ect.

But FWIW there seems to be little of that anyway, as is the problem with all internet forums.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:45 pm

Raoul wrote:I'd like to hear from the mods - post limits are fine and dandy, but it is the quality not quantity of posts that is the key thing to a good debate - on what basis do/would/could the mods decide whether an individual's posts are of an adequate standard?

Can't speak for the other mods but for me it's down to the size of the cheque I receive   :D .

More seriously, I'm against an "advanced debate" section and would like to see it removed from the forum.

I think it's divisive and to be honest given the general input from 99.9% of the membership (that includes me) doesn't actually merit it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:06 am

woof woof ! wrote:More seriously, I'm against an "advanced debate" section and would like to see it removed from the forum.

Woof it would be 6 months before anyone even realised it had gone.

Go ahead and blast it to kingdom come.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:21 pm

I think this is my 2nd or 3rd post in here. For me, it’s like the rest of the forum:

it is only what you put into it that makes it what it is.

By that I mean the following:

There are only 4 topics in here that have been posted in in the last 3 years, one of which is this one discussing about the section itself, and nothing to do with Liverpool. So 3 discussion topics in 3 years. There are lots of regular users of this forum with over 1000 or 1500 posts, but the fact of the matter is that if one of these regular/advanced mambers wants to start a meaningful discussion, they have the option of starting it in here or in the main discussion thread – and 99.99% of the time they’ll start it in the later and not in this section.

For me whether it’s 100 posts, 1000 posts or 10000 posts it doesn’t matter if nobody uses it.

Good discussions can come from anywhere and anyone. Increasing this section from 100 to 1500 won’t make any difference if those that currently have over 1500 posts don’t use it for discussion anyway
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion