Midfield & attack - Not fluid enough nor clinical enough

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Penguins » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:39 pm

What is most disturbing is the fact that Spurs paid around 30 million for Van Der Vaart, Modric and Parker and all of them are better than Adam, Lucas and Henderson :(

Same cost and not even close...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:59 pm

We have to use the carrott and the stick approach.
At the minute theres too much carrott
Thommo's perm

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:17 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Downing has potential

:laugh:

He's 27 for fecks sake !

Made his premiership debut in 2002. Nine f'ucking years ago ! Will someone please tell me when that potential is gonna be realised .

:D

it does make me wonder whether the burden of expectattion is proving too much for him at the moment to be fair. he was excellent last season for villa and was their player of the season. at boro he scored and assisted regularly. for some reason here it's not happening. the constant switching of wings with him is hardly helping either.

it's a tricky one for kenny now. there's a lot of calls for him to be dropped now for either bellamy or maxi but would that dent his confidence even further? what is for sure is we need a fresh impetus from sowhere as we've gone a bit stale and need a fresh approach. i'd be temped to stick bellamy in against chelsea because their defence is really susceptable to any kind of pace and we'll probaly play on the counter attack. bellamy will also do his fair share of work defensively.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:27 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
jacdaniel wrote:Downing has potential

:laugh:

He's 27 for fecks sake !

Made his premiership debut in 2002. Nine f'ucking years ago ! Will someone please tell me when that potential is gonna be realised .

I didnt mean "youngster" potential.  Just that he could be a very useful player if he can find form.  :)
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:At the minute theres too much carrott

Not anymore. Adam ate all of the carrotts.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm

mart wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:At the minute theres too much carrott

Not anymore. Adam ate all of the carrotts.

That will be useful if the floodlights break down
Thommo's perm

Postby KOPMATT » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Alot of these post are showing Johnson at right back IMO Kelly is a much better defender than Johnson and get forward better. I have to agree that weight of £35 ova Carrolls head seems to be weighing more and more each day. Still dont understand why we bought HIM even losing Torres the way we did. We have struggled and I don't bother with opta nonsense I prefer to see points on the board and team playing fluid football not having a team from the Championship come to Anfield and dictate the play as they did so often in the 2nd half.
So far other than beating a poor arsenal team that have now put that behind them and finally managing to beat Stoke away have yet to find much that excites us with our style of football cept for Suarez but he can's carry it on his own and Bellamy needs more playing time too IMO.
KOPMATT

Postby parchpea » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:07 pm

As we look to be weak in the midfield then I guess a solution is to flood that area and leave one up top. Im afraid Adam and Lucas are getting outplayed and out manouvered for the most part and until thats sorted we will find it hard to win games when we lose that middle ground. When teams stick 5 in there against our 4 its an even bigger issue for us. Until we can get the bodies in then maybe experiment with things, for example Agger in there or something just to freshen it up. We could even consider 3 centre backs where one can carry the ball forward. Teams have us marked already and the results at Anfield would be testament to that, if we cant be better individually then we need to be smarter collectively.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion