It's a funny ol' game! - A place for funny footy stories

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RedAnt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:51 am

Hey, thought i'd give a chance to lighten the mood of the forums with funny stories old and new from football.

One of my all time favorites was when AC Milan scouted Watford and the scout returned to Milan and spoke of this wonderful new talent. This was back in the days when racism was rather rife in football and especially in Italy.

Anyway, the Milan scout returned and recommended this wonderful black palyer...John Barnes. Only the rather dumb Milan thought it Barnsey was the only black footballer in the world! ... signed the first black person they saw...and bought Luther Blisset.

:oops:
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby crim cram » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:53 am

Back in 02 or 03 can't remember exactly, Roma went into their last game at home needing a win to win the league.  They were winning by a couple of goals and the fans couldn't wait for the end of the match and invaded the pitch.  The roma palyers began to be stripped of their kits!  pants, socks, it was crazy!  It happened two or three different times (the kit man was very busy that day).  It took about an extra 30 - 45 minutes to finish the match and for the Roma fans to properly celebrate the Scudetto!  I've never seen anything like it.  :D
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion