Josemi...

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby azriahmad » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:42 pm

Yes, definitely need quicker central defenders. Our present pairing is adequate at marking but far too slow to act and intercept potential threats, especially at set pieces hence the big problem at set peices with zonal marking.

Hyppia is a good stopper but too slow. Carra gives 110% every time but both of these guys are a tad too slow and can't distribute the ball well enough. I hate to say this but see how well Rio Ferdinand intercepts and make good passes in the recent England internationals. This is one classy defender who also happens to be quick. We probably don't the money to buy a classy defender so we need to keep Hamann to cover our fragile defenders.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1090627431 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:49 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Well after another performance i'm still waiting to see this "class" he possesses?

Like i said, good player but i'd rather the money gone to a position we need more deperately.

Had a bad game today.

Not in Babbel's class i'm affraid.

well insulting apart, i think hes ok, he must have put a few good boots in to get sent off.!

Id be more concered about Hypia, hes very slow, although good with his timing, but he aint gonna go the distance.

Like they say...if you cant get the ball, take the player!

hee hee
72-1090627431

Postby adayinthelife » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:19 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Well after another performance i'm still waiting to see this "class" he possesses?

Like i said, good player but i'd rather the money gone to a position we need more deperately.

Had a bad game today.

Not in Babbel's class i'm affraid.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Waste of 2m was he ???

There is only 1 person guilty of wasting money over the last 5 years and we all know who he was.

Look at diao today in hopefully his last ever game in a Liverpool shirt again proved what a waster he is plus diouf together cost 15m.  ???

As for Josemi he put in a few great crosses in the 1st half and is better than finnan or Carragher at right back.

Have you ever asked yourself why we desperately need players in other positions and at the moment have a pretty poor squad in spite of your hero spending over 100m ???
Smith to Shankly:My thigh is a bit sore,but I think I could play.
Shankly to Fagan:Tell him,Joe.He has got no chance of playing.
Smith to Fagan:Tell him to sod off.It is not his leg,it's mine.
Shankly to Smith:Oh no son.You are wrong,son.It is not your leg.
It is Liverpool Football Club's leg.
adayinthelife
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:16 am

Too bad Josemi couldn't keep a cool head on his shoulders. Every player has a bad day, this was one for Josemi.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:12 am

I don't see why Stu would single out Josemi as not the required standard when there are several other players he could single out who are far worse than Josemi ???

Daio, Biscan, Smicer, Rise, Mellor, Dudek and possibly Warnock (but time wil ltell on this player) are not up to the standard required at this level IMO.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:15 am

Dalglish wrote:I don't see why Stu would single out Josemi as not the required standard when there are several other players he could single out who are far worse than Josemi ???

Daio, Biscan, Smicer, Rise, Mellor, Dudek and possibly Warnock (but time wil ltell on this player) are not up to the standard required at this level IMO.

Biscan scored, what more could you want.  :D  :p
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:20 am

Biscan !!!!!! :D  i knew it was going to be one of those MAD days of sport whne igor slotted one in from 25 yds !

I got a couple of tickets for my mate and his 10 year old lad and they attended. At half time my mate wasn't even on his son's Fathers Day card list , at the end of  the game he was racking up loads iof "daddy" pts ! :D
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:22 am

lmao :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:23 am

:D
i gtg study now, exams start 2moro.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:24 am

well, ehd never get sent off anyways :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:27 am

Plus the price of my tickets have rocketed in the space of 45 mins. At HT I was doubting the cheque would be in the post, at the end I could have named my price :p
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion